• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Local File Storage options like Classic in LrD?

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New to LRcc - had LR4 prior.  Anyway I have an extensive library of media - 30K photos and videos all stored nicely on a couple of local raid5 arrays so I have no need of the cloud storage from Adobe - can it be turned off?

I notice that the tools for managing (I.E. finding) local files seems very limited.  For example if I start LRcc with a network drive disconnected then LR assumes that the store is gone and does not seem to have tools to fix this...Tried to restart when the drives are all connected but no luck.  No seeming way to reestablish the local storage link to the files.  Has Adobe lost it completely thinking that your workflow can wait for your content from their cloud?

Does anyone have a suggestion?  I was simply looking to get the same funcitonality from LR that I had before.  Since Adobe trashed their authorization servers I can't even get the original purchased copy working.

Very dissappointed - hope it is just a user limitation!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

You've got the wrong product. Lightroom (no CC any more) is cloud-centric, i.e. by default all images are stored in the cloud, so turning the cloud off would be rather dumb. Lightroom Classic, OTOH, is the very-much updated version of your LR4, so all images are stored locally, and it will be far more familiar to you, and of course your existing LR4 catalog can be updated to the Lr Classic format, so all your LR4 work would be preserved.

If you subscribed to the Photography Plan, you already h

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You've got the wrong product. Lightroom (no CC any more) is cloud-centric, i.e. by default all images are stored in the cloud, so turning the cloud off would be rather dumb. Lightroom Classic, OTOH, is the very-much updated version of your LR4, so all images are stored locally, and it will be far more familiar to you, and of course your existing LR4 catalog can be updated to the Lr Classic format, so all your LR4 work would be preserved.

If you subscribed to the Photography Plan, you already have access to LrClassic (and Photoshop), so simply download LrC and let it upgrade your LR4 catalog. If, however, you subscribed to the Lightroom only plan, you don't have access to LrC so you will need to speak to Adobe to get your plan changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines