• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Locally Stored Photos Disappeared (iPad)

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2024 Apr 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had 5,000 photos stored locally on my iPad, went to sync them to save on storage, and when I clicked the sync button the app crashed and now all of my photos and albums are gone. Is there any way to get them back or what happened to my GBs of locally stored data?

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2024 Apr 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do not delete the app.

As long as you did not delete the app, any photos that were not yet synced should still be in the app cache.  Lightroom Mobile will keep originals cached until they are synced, and after sync may offload originals to keep the cache size down.

Make a backup of your device.

Please make a full iOS backup of your device to your computer or iCloud.  This way you will be able restore the device with any files that in your app cache, if something doesn't go right.

Sign in again.

After making a device backup.  Does it help to sign out and sign back in?  Be sure you are signing into Lightroom with the correct email address, or otherwise you may end up creating a new account that looks empty.  

Recover files from Lightroom Mobile app cache:

If you have a Mac, plug in your device and see if you can recover any files from the Lightroom app cache.  Steps for using Finder file sharing are described at these pages:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/recover-lightroom-mobile-photos-itunes-file-sharing.htm... 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/119585 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines