• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lr 6.2 Mac 12.6 Crash - Local catalog damaged

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am stuck - On my Macbook (Ventura 13.2.1), lightroom v 6.2 shows the error message Local Catalog Damaged but as soon as i click on okay it crashes so i cannot work with the sync icon etc. What should i do? I already disinstalled and re installed it again and again. Is it a way to speak with an operator?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the Lightroom Community. I'll help you troubleshoot this. Has it started to happen recently, or is it the first time you have launched Lightroom on this machine? 

Ensure Lightroom has the required permissions & access on the macOS: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-give-full-disk-access...

Before further troubleshooting, we must ensure you have all the data backed up locally or on the cloud.

You can log on to Lightroom Web (https://lightroom.adobe.com) to check and confirm everything is synced.

Try this:

• In the Finder, at the top menu Go > Go To Folder and type ~/pictures. Locate a bundle named Lightroom Library.lrlibrary.
  • Right-click or control-click this bundle and choose Show Package Contents. You'll find a folder inside it with a long cryptic string of numbers and letters (for example: d1a4f88d2b534c7d91022136fd182532). Open that folder.
  • In the folder, delete all the files named Managed Catalog.[anything]. Also, delete the Previews.db file.
  • Launch Lightroom.

Let me know how it goes. Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, can anyone tell me what I should do if I don't have the folder with random numbers inside the 'show package content' ? 
i can't don't the answer to my problem anywhere.

message LOCAL CATALOG DAMAGED, I'm not worried about my files I hair need a working version of  Lightroom 🥹🤞🏼 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @defaultpuethhmsujp2, I'll help you figure this out. What version of macOS are you working on?

Before anything else, log on to Lightroom Web (https://lightroom.adobe.com) & ensure everything is synced to cloud & backed up.

Let me know how it goes. Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, my Mac book pro is currently running on Ventura 13 2 1 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Is there any other solution for this problem? Have tried everything I've read about this and it doesn't seem to solve issue. 
have deleted file called Lightroom Library.lrlibrary as it said if you uninstall and download again Lightroom will create new catalog fils?? 
bht hasn't helped 😰

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, can anyone help me with the mentioned problem please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I urgently need help with local catalog damage' issue! I cant work and massive editing backlog by now😰  Have tried all the advice given on the forum but this hasnt worked.

Lightroom not Lightroom Classic 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey, thanks so much. I actully posted on the forum with the matching title but havent had an answer- unfortunately I cant wait as this is an urent issue for me which is why I posted here as well in case there is someone out the who might be able to help 🤞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I followed all the steps as well as other steps I mentioned below but lightroom is still not working, can i get help with this anywhere else? 

My subscription is supposed to includes technical support but I cant seem to get anyone to actually help me.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi did you manage to fix the issue? Can't seem to get the help I need for Local Catalog damage' 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you followed the procedure here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/unable-to-move-some-photos.html ?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I have, but it hasnt solved the issure 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without additional information (e.g. 'what happened when you followed the instructions in the document I posted earlier?', the community volunteers here will need more information to help.

Direct one-on-one support can be reached by contacting Adobe Customer Care at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/what-contact-options.html . Scroll to the bottom and click on the “Start Now” live chat link in the lower right of this page. Typing “Agent” into the chat text field will bypass the initial chat bot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your reply. Unfortunately it looks like nobody will be available until Monday? 😩

I can give you all the information needed if there might be someone who has any other tips about what might work.

I've read about this and it doesn't seem to solve issue. 
I have deleted file called Lightroom Library.lrlibrary at this point as it said if you uninstall and download Lightroom again Lightroom will create new catalog fils?? This also hasn't worked. 
the message in my newly installed Lightroom still reads Local Catalog Damaged' every time I open it... as soon as I click OK the app shuts down. So no way of checking  sync etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While support will be able to go into more depth with you, the symptoms you describe make me suspicious of your disk drive.  If a corruption is occurring on both the resident mcat file and the newly downloaded mcat file, that feels like drive failure or corrupt transfer. Have you done any drive diagnositics? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I haven't tried that but happy to- is there a link or instructions somewhere? I'm not too tech savvy.

My photoshop and LRC are working and I can access my LR in my browser but what I really need is LR desktop version as I edit large amounts of images in batches 🙏🏼 Its strange how that's the only think not working? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also it doesn't look like there is a new Lightroom (mcat?) folder, when I installed Lightroom again I didn't see one in the Pictures' folder. I guess because it hasn't been able to open- it hasn't created a new catalog? Unsure if that's how it would work? 
Thank you so much for your help 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to a hardware issue, it is also possible that you have more than one account installed on your machine and you are resetting the wrong account - which would lead to repeated error messages also. 

Locate Lightroom Library.lrlibrary in your Pictures folder

Right click on the file and select "Show Package Contents"

How many folders do you have that are named after long random-appearing strings? (e.g. 0f67c2008a8a495ab54ab00afc7f8e23)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your advice, I think it had something to do with the folders. Though I had deleted the complete lr catalog as I didn't need a backup file. It seems there were numerous other folders in another location? That's what I understood from it.

Thechnical support have sorted it for me over the phone- so relieved! 
Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for letting us know you are fixed up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines