• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[LR Android] No preview of my pictures, just grey squares...

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I go into the app, my pictures just show as grey squares. I have no thumbnail previews of my pictures. Only when I click on one does it load. So I have to click on each of my 3,000+ pictures to find the one I need. I have uninstalled the app several times and once I reinstall it works,  until I leave and try to come back in and it does it all over again. How do I fix this? This app is vital to my business, used it now for a very long time, even pay for the subscription and never had any issues until now. I need this app to work, so any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks. Using Android.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running the latest version of the Lr Android App and also what version of Android software?

This may help others fix your issue.

Posting on here may help as Adobe employees monitor this regularly:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_lightroom_mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I’m having the same issue on iOS 11.3 iPhone X

it only started when I set up my new iPhone.

I have to click on ‘get this photo‘ to be able to view them. Which still doesn’t become a thumbnail after that.

Any help would be great

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try to run "Clear Cache" from the Lr Mobile settings->Local Storage. Let me know if that helps. - Guido/ Lr Mobile QE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried this previously from reading another thread. I’ve done it just now and still nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try to re-sign-in and force restart the Lr Mobile app and let me know if that helps. - Guido/ Lr Mobile QE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done this also, with no luck unfortunately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you send us  a Lr Mobile diagnostic log which can be triggered when you  open up the  Lr Mobile settings via the top left Lr-icon and  then navigate in to the Help&Support section and long-tab "Access our Support Forum"-entry and a  diagnostic log will be generated and attached to your local mail client. Hope this helps us to get a clue about your issue. - Guido/ lr Mobile QE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s great, thank you.

I followed the steps to get me back to this thread, how can I check that it’s generated a report?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally the log will be attached to you local mail client on the device. In case you have no mail client setup the lop will be added to the clipboard so that you can past it e.g in to a private forum message and send it to me. Hope this helps. Btw, when you look at the could status icon at the top menubar within Lr Mobile do you see any pending uploads listed? Hope this helps. -Guido/ Lr Mobile QE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the same problem ever since I switched to my Samsung M31 from Redmi Note 7 pro. Please let me know if there is a solution for this. The app is unusable at this rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It's a common issue for Samsung devices

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Salina,

Please follow the Kb doc mentioned in the below and send us the diagnostic report, so that we can troubleshoot the issue further

How to Enable diagnostic Mode in Lr Android

Thanks

Deepak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem - was there a answer to this? Thanks, Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to ask has there been a solution found for this?

It kinda makes the phone app unusable because I can't see any of the of my photos because they are all gray and when I click on the photo to maybe try to guess what one it might be it takes like 20-30 secs to pull up the image to find out it wasn't the photo I was looking for. Then sometimes it decides it won't ever show me the photo.

I'm also have Android but it sounds like it is happening on IOS as well so it doesn't really matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing similar issue with my oneplus android OS. All folders and albums showing grey squares. There is no previews or thumbnails. It was working fine till yesterday but suddenly it went kaput. I had not upgraded OS or did anything different. Selecting one pic will load it but it takes time. When and how will this bug be fixed? With this problem the app is totally unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue 2nd time around.  First time I uninstalled reinstalled and upgraded and it came back.  Not an ideal situation.  Need a permanent solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2019 Aug 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've deleted cache, uninstalled, reinstalled, and still thumbnails are missing. It shows maybe every fifth one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep the same thing is happenig to me. im on a paid subscreption still of no use. using the latest lightroom mobile version 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem... please, need a solution ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines