Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR CC freezes

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using version 4.1 of Creative Cloud LR and I am experiencing times when the app/Mac freezes and I get the spinning coloured catherine wheel. My track pad doesnt respond then suddenly it works again but the control function I was using has changed?

Anyone else havng simular issues, I'm using an iMac with 32gb memory 4Ghz Quad Core i7 processor runing Big Sur 11.2 plus all CC apps are up to date!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I have just done that. Hopefully that will fix my issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can't tell if it worked or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kglad 

It does seem to OK at them moment thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great.

now, if the problem recurs there might be something (eg, av, antimalware) corrupting your preference file.  but right now, just wait and see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks will do. I do have TotalAV running on the Mac!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fix and switching off AV and CleanMyMac Malware checker seem to have cleared the main issue. I have now switched back on the CleanMy Mac Malware checker to see how things progress!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good to hear that follow-up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad,

Update for you, I still experience momentary freezing while editing images. Its most worst while using "Effects or Detail" panel so for example if I choose to "dehaze" an image the keyboard and mouse is locked for  few seconds then is OK again!

My CR3 images are from my Canon EOS R5 and are around 26mb in size so not massive! I have also checked to see what free memory is available during edits and on this occasion there was 8gb of the 32gb free!

Any thoughts/ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from cc services>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad,

Since you move this from CC services I have not had any further update! I am still experiencing issues mainly when I am changing texture or other maybe complex tasks, I also had an issue with resizing where LR CC seemed to freeze. In some cases I get a Red border appear when LR CC freezes and it will disappear eventually when it un freezes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.htmlhttps://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (= cryptic icon in the lower right)

kglad_0-1614708789322.png

in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines