• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(LR CC) Would like to keep the Photos panel and the Info/Editing panel open at the same time

Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just have a feature request for you (unless the option exists, in which case I'm happy to be corrected ☺). It's small, but it would fix an annoyance.

Problem: Using the panels on the right side of the screen (editing, info, tags, comments), and then clicking into the Photos panel on the left closes the right panel. And vice versa.

Request: I'd really like to have the option to keep them both open to avoid having to re-orient each time one is closed and I have to open the other.

Context: I'm going through and organizing photos from All Photos and checking the info panel for a photo to see if it's been organized yet. If it hasn't been, or I organized it in the wrong place, I open up the Photos panel to drag and drop into the right album. Then I go back to the next picture, but the Info panel has collapsed. So I open it. Then I find another photo that needs to be organized, and I re-open the photo panel. Then I drag it over. Then I reopen the Info panel. Wash, rinse, repeat. Maybe for laptop use, it makes sense to only allow one to open at once, but I'd love the opportunity to have more context open at a time to optimize efficiency instead of having to re-orient and open/re-open various areas of the workspace over and over.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Okay I'm just going to update for anyone else who finds this that there's a setting in Edit > Preferences > Interface > Panel Tracks > set to Manual

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay I'm just going to update for anyone else who finds this that there's a setting in Edit > Preferences > Interface > Panel Tracks > set to Manual

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines