• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Cloud subscription

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very basic question I know, but for some reason, I am unclear.

I have started a subscription to LR Cloud, in the description of the software on my MacBook, it is called Adobe Photoshop Lightroom.

I am still going through the tutorials to learn LR, but does my subscription include Photoshop also ?  (My subscription is the one with 1 TB Cloud storage $ 15 per month Canada)

I used to use Affinity, but I find LR more intuitive 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Fair question.

Adobe's naming convention for Lightroom has aways been confusing at best and downright misleading at worst.

For reasons best known to themselves, Adobe insists on calling the product "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom", by which they mean just the software we all know as Lightroom. No-one else calls it by its full Adobe name other than Adobe. Over the years, this intransigence has led to all sorts of confused newbie questions in the forums.

A comparison of Photography Plans is shown

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fair question.

Adobe's naming convention for Lightroom has aways been confusing at best and downright misleading at worst.

For reasons best known to themselves, Adobe insists on calling the product "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom", by which they mean just the software we all know as Lightroom. No-one else calls it by its full Adobe name other than Adobe. Over the years, this intransigence has led to all sorts of confused newbie questions in the forums.

A comparison of Photography Plans is shown at the link below:

https://www.adobe.com/ca/creativecloud/photography/compare-plans.html?promoid=BDDS3N81&mv=other

For CAD15 per month, I assume you've got the Lightroom plan (1TB) - 3rd column - which does not include Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I am clear now

For the very rare and ocasional reason I might need more than LR I can always go to Affinity 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do not need more than 20GB of Cloud storage, then you have the option to change your plan to the Photography Plan (20GB) that includes ALL the Apps you would want- Lightroom (Cloud), Lightroom-Classic, Photoshop, etc.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would like the 1 TB option as Adobe and Dropbox are my backups 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines