• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR exports JPEG instead of TIF

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I work on my iPad pro 2021, the following happens: whenever I want to export an image from LR and I select "tif" and "largest available dimensions", LR only exports a JPEG in half size.
Please help me what am i doing wrong?

Moderator Note: Moving to Lightroom Mobile forum (Lightroom ecosystem) for a more directed response. 
TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the option "Export As" -- there you can choose advanced options including file type (Original, JPG, TIFF, etc), and also choose Dimensions (Largest Available Dimensions, Custom, etc)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi charlie, thanks for your answer. that's exactly what I do, but LR only exports a jpeg. if I send the photo from LR directly in PS suddenly it is half the size in Pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select Export As.. and choose TIF + Largest Available Dimensions, this should give you a full res image in the TIFF format.  I just tried this myself with a HEIC format image I captured on my iPhone 12, and the resulting image is 36.6 MB TIFF image at 4032 × 3024 pixels.

If you are not seeing this, let me ask... What happens when you try Export As and choose Original?  How large is this image?  If it is also 2048 px on the long edge, then I might guess you somehow are working with 2048 px copies of your images in Lightroom. 

One way this could happen: did you originally import the images via Lightroom Classic on the desktop?  LR Classic syncs only 2048px "smart previews" to the cloud, and this is all that LR on your iPad would be able to export. 

If Lightroom Classic is not part of the equation here, could you still verify the original image dimensions in LR iPad, by selecting an image and change from Edit view to Info view when viewing that image full screen?  Can you confirm the pixel dimension of the image are great than 2048px?

Edit: let me share a link that has more info about LR iOS's Advanced Export options to help make sure you and I are talking about the same export menu: https://jkost.com/blog/2019/12/advanced-export-available-in-lightroom-on-ios-and-ipados.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok so the moderator moved it to where? Why isn't there a link? Either fix all the glitches of LR mobile (there are a ton) or just trash it. - Frustrated photographer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines