• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR mobile and files on a hard drive

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can LR Mobile work with files on a hard drive, or do all files need to be storend in the cloud? I have lots of pictures on a hard drive, and a crashed laptop. How to use the catalogue that was established on a laptop on an ipad?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Lightroom were you using on the laptop? 

If you used the cloud-based Lightroom, then the "catalog" should already be in the cloud and thus should already be synced to Lightroom Mobile on your iPad.

If you used Lightroom Classic, was the catalog sync-enabled? It it wasn't then no, you cannot use the Classic catalog on your iPad. If it was sync-enabled, whatever images you had selected to sync to the cloud would be accessible in Lightroom Mobile on the iPad (but only smart previews, not full res files, as that's all that Classic will upload to the cloud).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, I understand! No files were synced, unfortunately. They are just storend locally. So I suppose I have a problem....unless I upload all files to cloud using LR Mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines