• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Mobile - Filtering options for catalog organization

Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking to use my iPad primarily to organize my library. With over 170k in photos, it would be nice if LR Mobile had the view by date option that the desktop version has. That said, I can filter for a year and a month, but would like to add a filter for photos that are not in an album.

Any ideas here? My goal is to see less and less pics in a month/year filter knowing that I have tagged them all into an album.

Thanks

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rchristianjr 

In the Lightroom iOS app, tap the 3-dot menu button at the top right of All Photos or any album grid view, and open the Segmentation menu.  Segment by Months sounds like it might serve your needs here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Charlie, but the segmentation doesn't go far enough.  My issue is is that in the move from LrC,  I decided to adopt a more stringent practice of putting everything into an album, and from there I expect that I may tackle using key wording more.   

What I need to be able to do is filter out any images that are NOT in an album, so that I can make that happen.  It would easy then to filter on Year/Month and see that I have completed the entirety of that period, moving on to the next. 

If I can filter on month, day, or year... is there other filter syntax that would allow me to only see the images not in an album?

Thank for your help, if not available, maybe consider adding some additional segmentation options in a future update.

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" is there other filter syntax that would allow me to only see the images not in an album?"

The only thing that comes to mind is that you could flag (or "pick" in Classic terms) all images in albums, and then segment based on images that are not picked.  I hope this helps somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could use the search facet by typing Album: Not in any Album 

in the search bar

I think this only works in Lightroom Desktop (Cloud Based) though if you have that installed. 

It does sound like a task that only needs to be doing once though, and then you may not need to revisit the desktop version much after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines