Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Mobile to LR Classic

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't seem to find unswer anywhere.

I shoot Raw and after editing in LR Classic I export in High resolution for the client. So far so good.

I also creat collections, sync with LR Mobile and do editing on LR mobile and syncs back to LR Classic. All fantastic.

Now my chalange.....

I have recently been on a 2 day shoot and customer wanted to see a few (66) edited photos. I uploaded them to my IPad (In Raw) and edited them on LR Mobile, customer loved them, I made a collection, that synces back to LR Classic but when I got back to studio I could only get a low resolution file and not the RAW file so needed to copy every indevidual edit to the Raw files.

So in summery can I edite my RAW files on LR Mobile and continute editing the raw file on LR Classic.

Thanks 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This a very good question. Thanks for asking. I don't mean to hijack your question but if I may would like to add to it. I use LR Classic and have LR Mobile of course. I do not have auto sync enabled in LRMobile. However, sometimes I will take a picture with my Sony A99II and using the Sony mobile software send the photo to my phone and then sync it to LRMobile. The photo will then be synced to my LR Classic to a folder I've established for LRMobile in LRCLASSIC catalog. My question is, this appears to be the original full image with any edits like crops but is it really? Should I use LRC to actually import the photo again from my camera card to where I keep my images and add it to my catalog again?

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Both,

Any Photo imported into the Cloud Ecosystem via Mobile, Desktop or Web should sync back, at full resolution, to the designated folder that has been assigned in Classic’s Preferences.

Something seems not quite right here though. In Classics Preferences you can also identify syncing problems and progress, maybe check there for any anomalies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI selondon,

In my case, on further review the filed synced to LRC is in fact the full original. It synced with the crop I did on LRM intact. In order to see the full original I had to reset the file using the reset option in the Develop module of LRC. I keep my original images on an external hard drive. I assume that the file(s) uploaded to LRM don't get synced down to LRC until the assigned location is actually available, in my case the external hard drive?

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines