• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lr

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have Lr 6 on my computer now. If I get Adobe CC for photgraphers, can I keep Lr 6 if I want to work wirh Lr and have no WiFi?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Lightroom "CC". That designation disappeared quite a while ago. IF you are referring to Lightroom, the version that stores all your images in the cloud, that version can be used independently from Lightroom 6. The two versions are not compatible and cannot be used interchangeably. Work done in one version cannot be used in the other.

If you are referring to Lightroom Classic, I don't believe Lightroom 6 and Lightroom Classic can realistically coexist on the same computer. Even if they can, the catalogs are not compatible at all. In other words, you wouldn't be able to work on images in Lightroom Classic when Internet is available and revert to Lightroom 6 to continue the same editing process when the Internet isn't available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom-Classic v11.2 works just exactly the same as your Lightroom v6 (perpetual) , with enhancements.

The only difference being that you need a subscription to the Photography Plan  (20GB) which uses a Desktop App (Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App) to install Lightroom-Classic and manage your subscription and activation of LrC using internet access.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom Classic works fine if you do not have wifi. You only need to be online to install it, and then once a month so the software can check you still have a valid subscription.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines