• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR6 to Lightroom classic

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New laptop and Windows 10. LR6 worked until I applied Windows updates. Hate subscriptions but I am ready. Will I lose keywords, collections, etc. Should I remove LR6 before installing new LRc?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you won't lose anything from your existing catalog. The first thing to do is install Lightroom classic from the creative cloud application manager and run it. Lightroom Classic will find your existing Lightroom 6 catalog and will prompt you to upgrade it. This process will create a new copy of the catalog that is compatible with Lightroom Classic. Everything you have done will still be intact, and when it opens you should be able to start right where you left off in your previous Lightroom 6 session. If Lightroom 6 remains on your computer after the upgrade you can manually remove it. The new catalog will have the same name as your previous catalog, except it will have a 10 appended to the end of the name. You may choose to delete that file or keep it for a short while in case you find it necessary for some unknown reason to revert to it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick response. I have 1.7 TB photos on an external ssd
drive. Can I assume that the new lrcat will find these?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new catalog will simply be a copy of the old one, and  will have all of the same settings, reference the same images located in the same locations they are in now. You shouldn't have to modify anything. It is simply a new copy of the same catalog  that conforms to what is needed for Lightroom Classic. If you have gone through any previous Lightroom upgrades where the catalog needed to be upgraded, this is no different. It is a seamless process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you, again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines