• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Luma Noise for Lightroom mobile

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all, I would like you to implement the "Luma" noise reduction or Luminance noise reduction option in the raw development module since I tried it in the Raw Power program for iOS and it's amazing, I think you can implement that option in a future update ?

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's already there. Tap on detail and scroll down. The slider labeled "noise reduction" does luminance noise reduction and further down you'll find color noise reduction which does chroma noise reduction. In the desktop apps luminance is more clearly labeled as there is not enough space on the phone screen but they are the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that it works differently in Lightroom mobile, for example when I apply noise reduction this smoothes the image a lot in all areas of my image in general, on the other hand in raw power when I apply luma noise reduction this only reduces the noise in the parts of the image where there is luminance noise, but preserving the detail of the rest of the image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Noise reduction differs amongst tools but Lightroom's is quite good. You need to use not just the amount slider but also optimize the other two for your specific image. This can only be done zoomed to 100%. A quick google shows lots of tutorials on how to do this. 

https://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/technique/camera_skills/lightroom-tips-sharpening-noise-reduct...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSg_JYuULB8

And many more. I haven't vetted any of these but a quick glance shows that they are fairly complete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines