• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Magenta/Pink color cast when exporting raw images from Lightroom Desktop

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the software update ie. only recently, when I process an image, it looks perfect until I try EXPORT it, at which point it automatically acquired a terrible red tint. 

(Shooting with a Nikon Z6. Processing on a 2019 Macbook air (retina) fyi)

Tried changing the colour space in the export window. Same red tint result for all colour space options. 

PLEASE HELP!

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title, NMB-17412}
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Adobe is aware of the issue and is trying to resolve the problem. I suggest you follow at this link.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-destkop-magenta-cast-on-export-nikon-z6

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same problem... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you guys have exactly the same problem, why don't you start by answering the exact same questions?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Hello, Im having an issue using Adobe Lightroom on my MacBook Pro. 

If you run on Mac OS X it is unlikely (but still possible) that this is a color management issue as almost everything is color managed on Mac OS X. Most likely you are exporting to "originals+settings" which does not render the images but simply copies the images and puts some rendering instructions that only Adobe apps recognize into the metadata. So show us your export settings.

For the others and if you are on windows, and if you export to jpeg, it is almost 100% certainly a color management issue where you are using a non-color managed viewer app. The default viewer and browser on windows are not correctly color managed and always show you the wrong color. It is also possible (happens often) you have a corrupted display profile which also can lead to this effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experience this issue as well.

When exporting from Lightroom CC on macOS, the exported JPG takes on remarkably different colors (it looks like a lower/bluer color temperature, but I'm not precisely sure). I'm not familiar enough with monitor or application color profiles to troubleshoot, but the difference appears within the Lightroom CC export preview prior to exporting, as well as with the exported image when opened in other applications. The issue appears regardless of what Color Space is selected for the exported JPG. I do not have issues when exporting the same image with Lightroom CC on iPad.

I'm running Lightroom CC Version 3.3 from the Mac App Store (20200611-1039-7df19f1 Build) on macOS 10.15.5 on a MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012).

Example image preview in Develop:

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 1.47.01 PM.png

Example image displayed when previewing the export (the exported image appears consistent with this preview). The issue appears to occur for all JPG and TIF export options, regardless of selected Color Space.

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 1.47.32 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does look like a monitor profile issue? How are you calibrating your display? Can you show us the setting in System Preferences -> Displays -> Color? And Oh, on Macs you should ALWAYS turn off Nightshift and Truetone (in the Display tab of the Display control panel). They royally mess with the color of your display and can cause issues such as this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jao!

I'm a little confused on why a monitor calibration issue would manifest in this way. Specifically, if I export the image as a JPG with the same settings from Lightroom CC on iPad, the colors appear to be correctly preserved (whether viewed on my MacBook's built-in display, external monitor, or the iPad). Likewise, the JPG exported from macOS that has this issue appears to display the incorrect colors consistently, regardless of which display I view it on.

I've uploaded the exports below for reference (both JPG, 90% quality, Small Size, sRGB color space).

macOS export (with color issues):

L1000119 - macOS Export.jpg

iPad export (no color issues):

L1000119 - iPad Export.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you exporting these from the same file on the iPad and the Mac? That is extremely weird if so and looks like an actual bug. You should still try turning off truetone but that should not cause the actual file to be rendered like this! I would report this as a bug at https://feedback.photoshop.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jargonjustin, 

I can confirm this is not a monitor issue. I'm having nearly the exact same issue. The only difference is that my images turn pink/magenta instead of your blue. 

Basically everything you've described, I've experienced on my end. The iPad renders the images fine, but when I try to render them with my Macbook Pro 16" there's a color cast. The color cast appears on jpg and tiffs, no matter the color space (sRGB, Adobe RGB, Display P3, and ProPhoto RGB). 

It's also likely not True Tone and Night Shift causing these issues since I have mine OFF and still experiencing this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again Jao, Landonplane. I've opened a Problem on the Lightroom Feedback forum, if you want to follow or Me Too it: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-cc-on-macos-jpg-export-color-issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Using latest version of Lightroom CC on my Mac. One day everything worked just fine, the next I cannot for the life of me get Lightroom to export any of my files with the edits I have made. Curiously, it appears to export with some edits, just not all of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has not given any solutions for this problem, and try point out to
the computer (iMac) as the source, something I don't agree.
I have canceled muy subsccription (including penalty) and I'm waiting for
the solution.
The editing process is spoiled as you insert the watermarks and becomes
oversaturated red when export.
Old versions LR worked properly in the same computer iMac 27"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few weeks ago I actually stopped using LR all together because of this problem. I've seen no solutions by the Adobe team and feel like they have just kind of left us hanging. 

Since then I've switched to Capture One 20 and really enjoying the trail period. And they're team is so responsive, I haven't had to wait for them to help me fix issues. And they're solution isn't to just downgrade to an older version of the software.

I'm tired of these feedback threads and writing up reports and trying to explain to them that it is not a display calibration issue: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-destkop-magenta-cast-on-export-niko... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can tell you that if you make all those changes BUT leave the White balance as shot (ie. unchanged), then it saves properly. G-d knows why. I wish someone could tell me,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so sorry to but in like this but how does it work if i want to ask a question on this forum? What are the steps that i have to do. Again, im so sorry, I'm new here, I've never been on a forum before. Thanks. 

Thank you and stay safe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

this magenta tint issue is still present in the latest update of Lightroom for Mac. Really screws up the workflow. Any chance Adobe can identify the problem? This is 2021 November now??? (This is not present in cameraraw for PS - maybe you can check the codes.) Or is this just linked to the LR export function? It affects Win version of LR Classic as well. (So this os a general coding issue guys)

I do not think that the best way to handle this is to reduce saturation + tint + vibrance is the solutiom we need to go for!!! (Actually this is the only way to handle this for now)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue was fixed in August 2020. It is likely your issue is unrelated to this one. I would recommend your starting a new thread with additional information.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2022 and this issue seems to still be there....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having this same issue.  Lightroom and Photoshop.  A monochrome print develops a pink hue on export.  Tried the graphics card on and off, made sure no hues were altered, etc.  Did anyone find a solution that worked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines