• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(Mac) Edits in Photoshop not showing up in Lightroom after saving and closing Photoshop - cont.

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to find a solution for this issue that has persisted before. I am currently using the following:

macOS Big Sur; Version 11.6

Lightroom  4.4

Photoshop 22.5.1

From Lightroom, when I 'Edit in Photoshop,' the image opens in Photoshop. I continue with editing, I save and close the file. After closing, the file does not populate back into Lightroom with the edits. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

referencing: "After closing, the file does not populate back into Lightroom with the edits."

Does the Tiff file not appear at all or appears without edits? Can you provide more detail here? Examples? A step by step workflow showing your complete process would help too. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk, 

There is a saved 'Tiff' file that contains all the edits but those edits do not register back into Lightroom. 

From Lightroom --> when I select 'Edit in Photoshop,' the image opens in Photoshop.

Once in Photoshop --> I continue with editing, I save and close the file (a Tiff is created).

Back in Lightroom --> After closing Photoshop, the image with edits does not register back into Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry but it still isn't clear to me.

Do you see a thumbnail for the Tiff file in Lightroom?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Tiff file is saved in photoshop. See image attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines