• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MAC OS Catalina thinks Lightroom 3 is a virus

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the following message when I try to start Lightroom 3 on my MAC with Catalina installed. 

What should I do?

Screenshot 2020-02-07 at 15.34.07.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like this may be a very ancient version of what is now called Adobe Lightroom Classic (and which is version 9). I doubt that Lightroom 3 will run on Catalina.

There is also a new application simply called 'Adobe Lightroom', and this happens to be at version 3.1 right now, but because that application is simply called 'Adobe Lightroom' on your computer, I'm not sure which app it is that is giving you this error message. 

So which Lightroom is this? The very old Lightroom (Classic) 3? Or the new Lightroom? If it is the new Lightroom then you should uninstall and reinstall it.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the old Lightroom 3. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. Here is the fix:

go to Applications folder, right-click on Adobe Lightroom 3, chose "Get Info".

Check the "Override Malware Protection" option. It will probably ask for your admin account+password.

Run Lightroom.

Screenshot 2020-10-18 at 14.44.41.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Peter5EEB! 😌👍🏻

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think your only option is to upgrade to Lightroom Classic, or roll back your OS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-10-18 at 14.44.41.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still believe that Adobe Lightroom 3.6 is a great tool for processing RAWs and this version has nothing to envy to the current versions, those of us who really know about photography don't need the new unnecessary gadgets. The problem we face here is because as we are OWNERS! (because we have bought it, right?) from previous versions we cannot upgrade because now they want to force us to rent the license and pay an absurd sum of money monthly or annually.

So if I downloaded this App directly from the Adobe server and I have a license that cost 299USD in 2011, how can it be a MALWARE? Adobe is simply ignoring our rights as customers and it is not honest at all.

What we users want is to buy our license and update it when it is really worth it and not to force us to rent it!

So go on tell Catalina to "Override Malware Protecction" just for our Adobe Lightroom ancient version! 😡

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines