• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(macOS 12.2.1) Lightroom Desktop v5.4 won't sync to Lightroom mobile

Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Using Adobe Lightroom desktop 5.4 on MacOS Montery 12.2.1 and my images were syncing just fine up until yesterday when they just stopped. Little blue circle keeps swirling around and around, but nothing is going to the mobile app. Anyone know how to solve? Thanks!

-Peter

{Thread title updated by moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry for the trouble with Lightroom. We're here to help.

Have you newly imported a large batch of images in Lightroom? What format of photos do you work with, JPEG or RAW? Have you tried signing out of Lightroom & the Creative Cloud & sign in again?

Please try this;

• Press the OPT key (macOS), and click the cloud icon in Lightroom > Click on View.
  • Check the images pending sync & apply flags/ratings to these images.

You can also log on to Lightroom Web (https://lightroom.adobe.com) to check current Sync issues on the left part of the screen.

SameerK_0-1660071268681.png

If there are any sync issues, click on them to know more, find the original for those images, and back them up safely before you empty the Sync issues from Lightroom Web. As long as there are sync issues on the Web, you can encounter trouble in syncing images & edits.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sameer. Thank you for your reply. Here are my repsonses:

-Have you newly imported a large batch of images in Lightroom?

Well, yes. But I'm also trying to sync older images. I often go back through photos and find new ones to edit and touch up. That's what I'm doing now.

-What format of photos do you work with?

I work with RAW images. (NEF)

-Have you tried signing out of Lightroom & the Creative Cloud & sign in again?

Yes. This did not work, unfortunatley. 

-Please try this;

• Press the OPT key (macOS), and click the cloud icon in Lightroom > Click on View.
  • Check the images pending sync & apply flags/ratings to these images.

I did this. This did not work either. 

-You can also log on to Lightroom Web (https://lightroom.adobe.com) to check current Sync issues on the left part of the screen.

I tried to do this, but there was no such option as "Sync Issues" on my screen. (Please see screenshot)

It looks like none of these solutions are woirking. Is there anything else I can try? Thanks.

-Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thanks for sharing the details.

We need to test the sync functionality on all surfaces. Please try this & let me know the outcomes.

• Create a test album in Lightroom mobile & import a new set of images & edits. Does it sync up to the Lightroom Web & then to Lightroom Desktop? (Only use Desktop browsers to log on to Lightroom Web only)
  • Create a test album in Lightroom Desktop & test if the changes sync over the Lightroom Web & then to Lightroom Mobile. (Only use Desktop browsers to log on to Lightroom Web )

We can proceed with troubleshooting depending on where we find the halt, ensuring you have proper backups.

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Sameer. Thanks for responding.

Okay, so this seems a bit complicated but I'll try and explain everything i just did.

1- I created a test album in Lightroom Mobile, but didn't add any imagers to it from Lightroom Mobile. When I went onto Lightroom Desktop, the "alnum" itself had synced. So I tried importing and editing new photos into Desktop and then adding them to the album. The images did NOT sync to mobile.  Then I chgecked Lightroom Web. Again, the "album" synced (in name only)to Web,  but not the images

2. I created a second test album. this time on Desktop. I added the same images to it. This album did not sync to Mobile or Webb at all in any way

3. I created a third test album on Ligthroom Mobile and added an image to it from mobile (a different image). Somehow, this one is the only test album that managed to sync all the images to all other platforms. The album and the image inside are now appearing in Mobile and Desktop

somehow, though, I still can not get desktop to sync to mobile or vice versa. Also, Desktop appears not to want to sync with Web, but anything that happens from Web syns up.

Does any of that make sesne?!?! Thanks.

-Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the input. Looks like Lightroom Desktop is having trouble syncing up.

Adobe Lightroom, please share the screenshot of the following options from Preferences.

SameerK_0-1660666281125.png

If you are storing the original on an external drive, Lightroom might be accessing the original from the external drive.

• Search for Disk Utility from Finder's spotlight search or magnifying glass.
  • Run 'First Aid' diagnostic on the external drive. Check this to learn more: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210898
  • Restart the computer.

Before you proceed with these steps, note that any edits or changes that have not finished syncing to the cloud may be lost.  

1. Quit Lightroom.
  2. Choose Go > Go To Folder in the Finder window and type ~/pictures. Locate a bundle named Lightroom Library.lrlibrary.
  3. Right-click or control-click, this bundle and choose Show Package Contents. You'll find a folder inside it with a long cryptic string of numbers and letters (for example, d1a4f88d2b534c7d91022136fd182532).
  4. Rename this folder & restart Lightroom.

This will force Lightroom to recreate the entire local database & it can take substantial time. Please let it sit & finish syncing itself.

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sameer,

The good news is that it worked! Everything is syncing again. the bad news is that it completely erased every edit i've made in the past week. Bummer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anybody could help me out here, it'd be greatly appretiated. Still, nothing is syncing. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines