• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(macOS) Lightroom Brush tool hangs on edge of image during masking

Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use the brush tool during masking the circle displaying the location of the brush hangs on the edge of the image.  The brush effect remains but the ability to see where I am brushing is impossible.  The cursor will show up and track again if I exit the photo anywhere on the screen.  The brush seems to be working fine with other tools and this seems isolated to masking.  I have tried resetting the GPU acceleration and restarting lightroom etc.  This bug is very annoying and stops my workflow completely.

Please advise on how to correct the bug.

{Thread title updated by moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry for the trouble with Lightroom. We're here to help.

Could you please share the version of Lightroom & the operating system you are working on? What type of images do you work with? RAW or JPEG? Are you working with multiple monitors?

Could you please record a video or series of screenshots of the behavior you see & share it with us?

Please try to change the masking overlay color & mode & let us know if this helps. Check this for help: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/masking.html

We hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sameer, I will record a video and share it with you.  Thank you.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using 11.4.1 working with RAW files but the behavior doesn't change based on camera model or image type.  Single Apple Studio display.  I am using the apple mouse and wacom tablet. My computer is a new Apple Studio M1.  Here is a link to the video:  https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0x5FrPQ6JIBiC5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sameer, I just connected my Wacom tablet and the brush seems to be working fine with the tablet and pen tool.  When I then use the mouse I get the same behavior with the brush hanging up on the edge of the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning Sameer, were you able to see the bug in the video I uploaded?  It is still present in the latest photoshop update 23.5.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry I meant to say lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines