• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(macOS) Lightroom v5.4 "Photo Unavailable" Error Message - LR can't seem to find my photos?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom is giving me a "Photo Unavailable" error with the following message: ""filename.arw is missing, has been corrupter, or modified after import. Please delete the file and re-import it.", but...

• My external hard drives are connected and are working properly.
  • I haven't deleted, moved, or otherwise modified the original files.
  • LR is also not allowing me to "locate" the files.

I'm using LR version 5.4.

I've attached screenshots of the error message and my LR preferences (in case that helps).

Would love any advice! Been trying to figure out how to solve this but can't find a good answer 😞

Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 9.15.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-08-16 at 9.10.29 PM.png

{Thread title updated by moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I'd love to help you figure this out.

What version of the macOS are you working on right now?

If you are working on macOS 12.3 & above, please follow the steps in this post to allow the required permissions to Lightroom on the macOS: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-give-full-disk-access...

Lightroom might be having trouble accessing the original from the external drive.

• Search for Disk Utility from Finder's spotlight search or magnifying glass.
  • Run 'First Aid' diagnostic on the external drive. Check this to learn more: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210898
  • Restart the computer.

Try these steps & let me know how it goes,

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sameer,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Unfortunately these solutions didn't work - I had already given LR full permissions, and the disc had no issues (I ran first aid and restarted anyways).

To answer your question, I'm using MacOS Monterey Version 12.1 on the M1 Max chip.

Do you have any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am curious to see an answer given, but this is what I note in your screen-clip:

2022-08-18 10_04_37-Clipboard.jpg

No Locally Stored Copies

No Locally stored Smart Previews

No Stored copies of originals.

Do you have anti-virus, or some other app that may be blocking your use of the files in Cloud storage? Are you online when using Lr?

Your preferences mean that Lr must edit all images stored in the Cloud.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the thoughtful answer. Should I have both of those checkboxes selected (smart previews and originals)?

I don't have an antivirus blocking cloud storage and I am online when using LR.

This issue happened a few days ago (about a day before I originally posted), seemingly out of nowhere. I don't believe I've changed anything about LR, my system, my internet connection, etc - at least not that I know of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines