• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(macOS12.5.1) Lightroom v5.5 doesn't open run (Adobe Creative Cloud App - 5.8.0.592)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I have downladed and installed Adobe Lightroom (with included Adobe Creative Cloud App) from Adobe website. But when I try to launch the Lightroom with "open" button in Adobe Creative Cloud App nothing happen, I also downladed, installed Adobe Photoshop (in Creative Cloud App) and it works perfectly well. I try diffrent solutions like reinstall, logout and login, rebooting computer, installing previous version (Ligtroom 5.4), try to update but nothing works for me. 

In the application list there isn't a Ligtroom icon app but the Photoshop icon shows

I have a 13-inch Macbook Pro 2020 with macOS Monterey 12.5.1

Adobe Creative Cloud version 5.8.0.592

{Thread title updated by moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry for the trouble with Lightroom. We're here to help.

Have you tried installing any other Adobe Apps? Do they work?

Did you install the macOS update through a backup, or is it a clean install?

Please try these steps.

• Go to the following location to launch Photoshop via terminal
    In Finder > Application > Adobe Lightroom > Right click on Lightroom.app > Show Package Contents > Contents > macOS > Lightroom - double click to open.

Let us know how it goes from here,

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I write I installed Adobe Photoshop with Creative Cloud App and works perfectly well

I also installed macOS 12.6 update but it doesn't help 

I couldn't do your steps because it seems like I don't have Lightroom on my computer installed (on the application list there is no such thing as Adobe Lightroom but I can see the Adobe Photoshop app) but in the Creative Cloud App in the main page it is showed as installed but when I click "open" nothing happen. 

I attach screenshots to prove that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have paid for the membership plan and I can't even use it because it is still not working. As I can see nobody is eager to help me. Could somebody lend me a hand and solve my problem please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my new 14" MBP M1 Pro, Creative Cloud appears to install Lightroom with no problems, but the app will not run, and is not found in Applications.

I have tried uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling LR and repairing Creative Cloud but nothing works.

Lightroom is only activated on one machine, the one I am migrating from.

Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kacper23843361fyyy @alreadysold I have merged this discussion for tracking progress & taking this issue forward.

Please try these steps & let me know how it goes.

• In the Creative Cloud app, press CMD + OPT + T (macOS) to launch Creative Cloud Troubleshooter & select 'Cleanup Creative Cloud installation' > Click on Go.
  • Go to this page > Scroll down to 'macOS | Alternative Downloads' & download Creative Cloud from here.
  • Reinstall Creative Cloud & Lightroom again.

Let me know how it goes from here. Thanks!

Sameer K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same situation for a long time. The Creative Cloud application will show that Lightroom is installed, unfortunately it is not on the system. I did the above steps - nothing changed. The process of uninstalling / installing Lightroom in Creative Cloud takes a second - it is not possible to download all the files needed for installation in such a short time.

Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ... a shot in the dark. Try signing out, restarting the Mac then signing in again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it didn't work 😞
1. I logged out > reset > logged in > Lightroom did not start.
2. I uninstalled Lightroom > logged out > reset > logged in > installed > Lightroom didn't start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just to let you know - I'm facing the same issue; also did all recommended steps, but still Lightroom does not work. Looks like as if Creative Cloud wouldn't install it on my HD. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Kacper23843361fyyy  FYI - LRC will be installed after you change the app language in your Adobe profile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines