• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making space on the iPad: Moving images to desktop library

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to some excellent input from this group, I learned that my iPad wasn't quite new enough to handle the Lightroom update, so I got a new iPad (and my mom inherited a nice iPad from me).

The new iPad Air is great, but I'm going to need to budget space. During the early days of the pandemic, I made it a habit to download photos directly from my camera to my iPad (wirelessly). 

QUESTION: What is the best procedure to:

• Identify the photos that are housed on my iPad (the ones I transferred wirelessly from camera), and
  • Ensure those photos exist safely in my desktop library before clearing them from the iPad memory?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
iPadOS , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: In the short term, CLEARING THE CACHE creates quite a bit of space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All photos added to Lightroom on the iPad are uploaded to the cloud. Sometimes this takes awhile depending on the speed of your network. You can check the uploading process and the sync status by tapping on the cloud in the upper right corner of Lightroom. An even better way to confirm everything has uploaded, is to visit your lightroom cloud at lightroom.adobe.com. Everything you see here has successfully uploaded to the cloud.

Clearing the cache removes temporary local storage of your images and is safe to do because your images are in the cloud. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines