• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Managing cloud space using Windows and Android Op systems

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am an old, old Lightroom (from the very beginning) user . I use a Windows based desktop and laptop and an Android phone.  All of these are up to date as are my Adobe aps.  I would like to use Lightroom Cloud to store photos when I am on location and then move the photos to my desktop when I arrive home.  At that point I would like to clear my Cloud storage in order to save Cloud space.  Could you please give me an idea about how to do this?  A workflow? 

TOPICS
Android , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

I think I have understood a procedure to do what you ask!

1) Import/Add photos to Lightroom on any mobile device (Android, iPhone, iPad, Lightroom-Desktop on a PC or Mac) (Note your 20GB limit)

2) Set Lightroom-CLASSIC to [Sync] (after setting the Preferences for the Lightroom Sync Download Folder location!)

3) Only when ALL photos have (automatically) downloaded to Lightroom-Classic folders- goto next step:

4) Delete the photos in [All Synced Photographs].  (The downloaded files will remain i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I have understood a procedure to do what you ask!

1) Import/Add photos to Lightroom on any mobile device (Android, iPhone, iPad, Lightroom-Desktop on a PC or Mac) (Note your 20GB limit)

2) Set Lightroom-CLASSIC to [Sync] (after setting the Preferences for the Lightroom Sync Download Folder location!)

3) Only when ALL photos have (automatically) downloaded to Lightroom-Classic folders- goto next step:

4) Delete the photos in [All Synced Photographs].  (The downloaded files will remain in the downloaded folders)

And you can find a similar discussion here- where @JohanElzenga suggests adding the photos back to the Adobe Cloud (as Proxy files that don't use any Cloud space!)

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-discussions/delete-originals-in-cloud...

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines