• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Masking

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm brand new to lightroom cc. I had a original color photo. I used the masking option and did part of the photo in color and half in black and white. How do I save the photo with the new edits. When I click out of masking option it goes back to the original color photo. I'm getting frustrated.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMO, You are making the mistake thinking that the Mask Overlay will be applied to the photo. Not so!

When you apply a mask (Brush, or Gradient) you must then alter the Sliders in the Adjustment panel for the local adjustment tool result you are wanting.

The MASK Overlay, that indicates the area for a local adjustment, can be changed in color (or B&W) but again a Mask does not alter the image.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Like @Rob_Cullen says, you are looking at the mask itself and the B&W overlay is just one of the ways Lightroom can show you the mask. It is not an edit, so you have not edited anything in the mask. To make the image inside the mask B&W, drag the Saturation slider of the mask panel all the way to the left to -100.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines