• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Masks in Lightroom

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making changes to an image in Lightroom using a mask. I am changing the background to B&W. However when I export it the changes are lost. See attached screengrabs. Thanks for your help

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your first screenshot indicates that you're using Lightroom Desktop, not Lightroom Classic

@Rikk Flohr: Photography can this thread be moved to Lightroom ecosystem forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which of the Export File-type options are you using?

2023-04-25 11_42_22-Lightroom.jpg

And are you actually desaturating with the Color > Saturation slider?

2023-04-25 11_45_15-Lightroom.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me. I have tried most of the export options but I went with custom export mostly. Also I haven't touched Saturation slider.

Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 08.22.05.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a common misunderstanding. You have not changed the background to B&W, you have activated a mask overlay that shows the non-masked area in B&W. A mask overlay is not an edit, it's a way of showing you which parts of the image will be edited in the mask and which parts will not be affected. In order to make an edit that turns the background B&W do the following: Select the mask and click the 'Inverse' checkbox. Now you are editing the background. Now set the Saturation slider all the way to -100 to make the masked area lose all its color.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got it, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines