• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Metadata and exports

Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export, I have "all metadata" checked yet the keywords don't export. I'm wondering if I need to do something else. Or perhaps it's not possible to export the keywords with the photos? Many thanks for your time!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Lightroom are you using? Lightroom (cloud-based) or Lightroom Classic.

Is this happening only with one image, or all images? And obviously, if it's only one have you checked to confirm that it does have keywords assigned.

And how are you checking for keywords in the exported file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Creative Cloud version 5.7.1.  It happens with all images and yes there are keywords assigned. I'm checking in the "keywording" box to the right. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Creative Cloud version 5.7.1"? I assume you mean Lightroom 5.7.1, yes? 

Have you checked through your process thoroughly, i.e. confirmed that the image you are exporting has keywords assigned, then confirmed that "All Metadata" is checked in the Metadata panel of the Export settings panel? Assuming you have done all that, and the output file still doesn't show the keywords when checked, the only other thing that I can think of is to go back to the original image in Lightroom and confirm that the specific keywords assigned to the image each have the "Include on Export" option enabled. You can do that very simply by using the Keywording panel and change the display (using the drop down list at the top) to select the "Will Export" display option, which as it's names suggests will display in the panel only those keywords that are set to be included on export. If the panel is empty, that would be the explanation for the "missing" keywords, and you would need to edit the individual keywords to change the export option accordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's correct on the version. I've double checked everything and all is good and working fine for simple exports. Whatever I wasn't doing right was corrected for that. Thank you!

The next question I have is when I create a panorama with a different software, such as ZipIn.  The keywords don't stay with the new panorama. Is there something I can do to ensure these keywords stay with these photos? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quoteThe next question I have is when I create a panorama with a different software, such as ZipIn.  The keywords don't stay with the new panorama. Is there something I can do to ensure these keywords stay with these photos? 

It all depends on how you are getting your images over to the other software, and what type of files the originals are? Do you use the other software as an additional external editor from within LR, or do you open them directly into the software from outside LR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I export them to JPG files and then download them into the software. I don't this thru LR. This is the only way I know to do this but certainly would love to learn a more efficient method. Ultimately, I'm wanting to create panoramas and not have to go back thru each one and retype keywords. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines