Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Metadata in Lightroom Desktop 5.3 on macOS

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I am new to Lr and have just taken the free trial version 5.3 for 7 days. So please forgive my ignorance, if you find the answer easy. I have imported some RAW files from Capture 1, the files were imported as original files. I cannot seem to find any metadata for the imported files. I have read something about C1 storing metadata, as different from that of Lr.

{Title edited by Moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We're here to help.

Where are you looking for the Metadata? Are you trying to add metadata details or find the details for the image?

Which version of macOS are you using? What type of Metadata info are you looking for?

In Lightroom, when you select an image, please check on the bottom right if you see an (i) icon.
That has some metadata info.
RanjishaSengupta_0-1654642489338.png

If you have Lightroom Classic, you can check out all the details. You can go to the Library module. The Metadata panel displays the filename, file path, rating, text label, and EXIF and IPTC Metadata of selected photos. Use the pop-up menu to choose a set of metadata fields. Lightroom Classic has premade sets that display different combinations of metadata.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ranjisha

For the record, I am running BigSur 11.6.6. The metadata I was looking for is contained in the info button bottom right as you said. I  have just taken the 7-day trial having used C1 before. If I may ask is Lr classic a better version than the one I am using, or does the package contain more apps? Many thanks for your help appreciated.

Regards

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sisyphus 1 wrote:

If I may ask is Lr classic a better version than the one I am using,

The metadata support in Lightroom Classic is significantly more extensive and detailed than in Lightroom. Lightroom Classic displays full EXIF and IPTC metadata, also supporting IPTC Extension metadata (including the PLUS system), and plug-in metadata. Lightroom Classic also has more powerful and efficient metadata editing workflows, including presets and more shortcuts. The panels below are only three of the 13 available Metadata panel views in Lightroom Classic, though some of them are condensed/compact versions of the full panels.

Lightroom-Classic-metadata.png

Adobe also offers Adobe Bridge, which also provides more extensive metadata support than Lightroom, although the workflow is not quite as efficient as in Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks for your reply Conrad, I think after the free trial I will go with Lrc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines