Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Metadata on Video Export

Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export a video from Lightroom on IOS the video has no metadata.  The only thing I really care about is the date.  Is there a way to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BEWARE of storing video data on Lightroom Ecosystem (CC)!  That's what I wish I had read before I migrated my Adobe Elements file to Lightroom!  I've been adding Titles, Descriptions, Dates Taken, and multiple Keywords to my videos - and now they are basically LOST in Lightroom!  If you export, download, or try to migrate to another system, that data is LOST!  All they need to do is add a simple option (as done in Adobe Elements Organizer) to write the video data to the metadata of each video file and it would fix the problem.  Photos have all this data written to the metadata when changed - why not videos?  It's a good enough reason to reject Lightroom as a choice for storing photos and videos.  Does anyone have a work around to save the data (title, description, date taken, keywords)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines