• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migrating Storage to SD Card not completing

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Android version of lightroom, and I have a large photo/video collection taking up 39GB on my phone's storage.  I went into the app and opted to move the files to the external SD card which has plenty of space.  The app says: "Copying to new storage location..." with a spinning circle indicating that it's working.  But it's been doing this for more than 24 hrs.  I tried not touching the phone, but ended up using it some while it's still trying to do this.  I went into settings to check on the storage of the SD card and it appears to go up and down, not clearly making progress.

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Mobile Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you figure out how to fix this issue, or at least stop the process?

I'm just stuck with the message for days, and there is no way out of it - no cancel button or progress indication. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how did u resolve this? I have the same problem. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Has anyone found out how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved this same problem by deleting the app, reinstalling, and changing the storage location setting before it had a chance to start syncing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed the application entirely from my system a couple of days after I posted my message. I reinstalled it, specifying the SD card as the target storage, but desipite having a very fast card the app worked really slow. So I removed it from my system permanently.

Uninstalling the app deletes the catalog and all the source picture files. So I had to manually copy all the original pictures to the SD card from the catalogue before I uninstalled the app.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only speak for myself because I see another user higher up the chain said that his source images were deleted, but mine were not. Also, my Lightroom albums, folders, and edits were all restored (because they were synced with the cloud) after I reinstalled the app. I can't speak for your case if you aren't syncing with Adobe's server because I simply don't know.

Lightroom is "non-destructive" editing, meaning it looks at the original copy of your image, leaving it untouched, and saves a catalog of the edits only -- showing you a version of the image with the edits applied. It wouldn't make sense if deleting the app would also delete the images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only say for certain what happened on my system:

I use a fairly new and fast Android tablet.

I imported the raw files directly from the camera to Lightroom.  It was meant to be both a backup and quick edit tool because I did not have my computer or external hard-drive with me.

When I uninstalled Lightroom from the tablet it definitely removed the catalog and all the imported photos from the device.

Next time I will just copy the files to the device storage and only then import them to Lightroom, as I do with my PC.  Maybe then, when I uninstall Lightroom it would only delete the catalog - not the source files.

I could not sync the raw files from the device to the cloud because I do not have the budget for the required space. Otherwise I would have definitely sync all the photos to the cloud - that's the best backup. That way, even if Lightroom deletes the files it would restore the catalog when I'd reinstall it.

Adobe and the Lightroom team provide so little information about how the tools work, what to expect from such critical operation, and a recommended way to go about it, especially on Android devices - just see how much they are involved in this thread...

For example - what if I use smart previews ? Will Lightroom sync only the preview file to the cloud or can I trust the app to backup the original raw too ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug and lack of support is a disgrace. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and for days there is only the spinning circle. I tried to stop it, but nothing worked. If I delete the app, will I delete the pictures too? They are only saved in the internal storage of my phone..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem right now and I'm not yet uninstalling the app because im afraid i might lose all the data and edited yet not saved photos i did. i hope anyone who solved the issue can help dealing with this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problems here, if anyone knows how to fix this please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also experiencing this issue, decided to reach out to Adobe on Twitter, but haven't received detailed help yet. You can follow the thread here: Lightroom has been moving my photos to a new storage location & I'm unable to use the app (or servic... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines