• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migration Failed - Not allowing me to Migrate Again

Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Migrated my Lightroom Classic Catalog. The migration assistant said that it was Successful, but all photos are missing from Lightroom CC. I am assuming it has something to do with the "Develop setting not migrated." There are no photos in Lightroom CC after migration except the ones that were already synced to Lightroom Mobile from Lightroom Classic (and those are just the previews, not the full RAW). Additionally, it won't let me migrate the catalog again.

I referred to the Help documentation; all files are available in Lightroom Classic CC (except for the 100 referenced below, out of 50,000) so this is not an issue with an external drive being disconnected or anything to that end. Lightrooom Classic CC functions normally for me so I'm not sure what could be wrong with the Catalog.

The software is useless without this working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MIGRATION SUMMARY

Source Catalog  : D:\Pictures\Lightroom\Lightroom Catalog-2.lrcat

Assets from Catalog  : 50213

Assets Migrated to Lightroom CC  : 0

Number of Collections Migrated : Migrate-able( 0 ) After Migration( 2 )

Number of Stacks Migrated  : 0 of 98

Number of Stack Assets Migrated  : 0 of 394

Number of Virtual Copies Migrated  : 0 of 34

Number of Assets with Metadata Migrated  : 50110 of 50213

Number of User Keyword Migrated  : 850 of 935

Number of Person Keyword Migrated  : 10

NOTIFICATIONS

Warning Messages

-------------------------------

* facesProcessingMissingAssetError

* Unable to locate source files

* Some images had metadata conflicts but were successfully migrated

* Some synced collections will have moved after migration

* Develop settings were missing for some photos

* Stacks could not be placed in an album

100 Assets were not migrated to Lightroom CC as the following source files were missing

********************************************************************************

[Omitted]

3 Assets' metadata were not migrated as the following source files had meta data conflict

********************************************************************************

[Omitted]

Develop setting not migrated for 50132 Asset(s)

[Omitted]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

I found out how to migrate finally:

1. Go to LR Web and find Account Infos

2. Delete library

3. Close and restart LR CC Desktop

4. Start migation again

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JCrossonNYC,

You may try renaming the Lightroom Classic CC catalog to something else and check if Lightroom CC let you migrate the catalog.

Also, checkout the below troubleshooting articles and let us know if that helps.

Possible errors | Migrating photos to Lightroom CC

Migrate photos and videos from Lightroom Classic CC to Lightroom CC

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This was not a helpful answer at all. I renamed my Lightroom Catalog as recommended but Lightroom CC still gives me the error message that the Catalog was already migrated.

I checked Possible Errors and the Migration steps before posting to the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rename does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello. I have used Lightroom 4 then 6 since 2014. I had no choice but to purchase the cloud plan, and I chose the plan listed here for the 20gb photography plan: https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/compare-plans.html

However, the migration of my ".lrcat" file failed. I didn't do this step recommended by a well respected power user (LightroomQueen site). She wrote: "Lightroom Classic, Lightroom CC 2015 or Lightroom 6. If you’re migrating from an earlier Lightroom version (1.0-5.7.1), you must first install a trial of Lightroom Classic and allow it to upgrade a copy of your catalog to Lightroom Classic format before running migration." I failed to do that and then attempted to update the ".lrcat" file to my external drive where I had it (I always kept it on an external drive). I realized my error too late. So I failed because the catalog was trying to import way too much data beyond my 20gb limit. I then did these steps:

-I deleted all files from my Adobe account and then uninstalled Lightroom/LRC/PhotoShop/Creative Cloud app that all come with this plan.

-When I reimported those apps and started over, the reinstalled Lightroom Classic remembered my past effort and is preventing me from trying to do a fresh update (locally to my external drive, not to the cloud).

-Is there any trick you know to "try again"? 

If I can't fix this, I've lost 7 years worth of data (because I don't plan to buy more storage from Adobe). I realize this forum dates from 2018, but I tried the other Adobe forum sites and they are read only--I'll welcome any suggestion at this point. Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same problem for me, I even tried twice after recreating a enw catalog and moving files on a new drive.  Same result. Could the fact that my Classic CC is expired cause this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I am getting in the log file (46539 of those...):

Develop setting not migrated for 46539 Asset(s)

1    ->   getCroppedDimensioncroppedWidth info missing for asset : 1539010 : nil

2    ->   getCroppedDimensioncroppedWidth info missing for asset : 1539032 : nil

3    ->   getCroppedDimensioncroppedWidth info missing for asset : 1539052 : nil

4    ->   getCroppedDimensioncroppedWidth info missing for asset : 1539072 : nil

5    ->   getCroppedDimensioncroppedWidth info missing for asset : 1539092 : nil

6    ->   getCroppedDimensioncroppedWidth info missing for asset : 1539112 : nil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out how to migrate finally:

1. Go to LR Web and find Account Infos

2. Delete library

3. Close and restart LR CC Desktop

4. Start migation again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks for sharing the fix with us.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines