• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mobile trial expired

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to look for an answer, but I couldn't find my exact problem. I am using the Lightroom app, and it says my trial has expired. I must have done a trial on my laptop, but I'm fine with just using the free version on my phone. How do I continue using the app at this point? It won't let me upload my new presets. 

Thanks! 

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there is-

1) Free Lightroom App -  Android from Google Play Store. For Mobile phones only!

2) The 'Lightroom Plan (1TB)'  -  Only by a subscription from Adobe. Includes Lightroom-Desktop (for laptops) and Lightroom-Mobile (for phones).

Your Free App does not give you access to Lightroom on a laptop.

See this link for the Lightroom Plan (1TB) US$9.99/m (Annual subscription)

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom.html?promoid=3F8XBLKT&mv=other

Presets for the Free App would be possible by Adding DNG 'Presets'.

DNG PRESETS

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I understand that. I'm not trying to use it on a laptop. I'm just trying to use the free app that I've used for years. But since I did a free trial on my laptop last summer, I seem to be unable to use any part of the free app anymore. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat. I tried to chat with Adobe and they refused to assist with free software and sent me to this forum 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have chatted with multiple people and the only answer I got was to sign up for the app with a different email, which would mean losing all the presets I currently have stored in my app. I'm not happy. I don't understand how dealing with a free app can be so difficult! I did a trial on my laptop, I didn't need the premium, so now you locked me out of my previously used free app? Ugh. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I think I found the answer - even though I couldn't find it documented anywhere, one of the App Store reviews mentioned the free editing features only work on jpg files, not RAW. I tested this and sure enough I could do free edits to jpg but not RAW...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else with suggestions?

I admit I am not confident in giving you an answer. Hopefully others may be helpful for you.

It is important to understand that the 'Free' versions only store photos with the App in the phone. If you un-install the free app all the photos are deleted - You must have backups.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaulttbkgc2oqzd5w 

With your app in this state where the trial has expired, all that has happened is that your app has reverted to the free-use state.  Any functions that worked before the trial began should continue to work.  Only paid/premium features like sync are blocked.  Any images and editsa applied to them, and also any custom presets you've made should continue to be available locally as long as you do not re-install the app.

There was a UI change.  Is it possible your presets are still there, but are now moved to a new location in the Edit screen.  Tap Presets, and switch from Premium to the Library tab, and scroll down until you see User Presets--your presets should be there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines