• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mobile workflow on iOS and Lightroom CC

Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the Lightroom CC on iOS and Android does not offer the possibility to create virtual copies of the images nor does it allow to import the same photo twice, would be interesting to hear if anyone has comeup with a workaround for this. Only "viable" workoaround atm is to change the crop on the Photos app only slightly and then LR allows me to import the photo again, but this is really not the optimal way.

So how is your mobile workflow and have you found an workaround for this limitation?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tomir,

We're really sorry for all the trouble. Well, you post this as a feature request on our feedback site so that our engineering team can take look at this request also, other interested users can also vote for the same.

Here's the link: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit,

Thanks for the reply!

The given feature has been posted there already 5 years ago (Lightroom CC: Ability to create virtual copies | Photoshop Family Customer Community ) and has multiple votes. So while we are waiting for that, I would be interested to hear if there is any viable workarounds available. And how people have modified their workflow to cover for the missing functionality. Also if Adobe has a workaround to offer, that would be awesome to hear about also!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update.

Let me forward the same feedback link to our engineering team and ask for the update. As soon as I hear from them, I will get back to you.

Our engineering team works in a different time zones so there will be some expected delay in there response.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit,

Any update from the engineering team?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit,

Or someone else Any update on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any update on this by now.... we're nearing the end of 2020 and it's still the same problem!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The engineering team works in a different time zones. Some of them are still in 2018, so there will be some expected delay in there response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same request.  Lr CC on my iPad Pro won’t allow you to import both the jpg and RAW versions of the same photo.  It’s one or the other, not both.  I frequently shoot combined jpg/RAW on my X100F using the camera’s Excellent film simulation modes but also want to use the RAW file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your reason for wanting virtual copies? The main thing I use virtual copies for is to create mulitple edit versions of the same image. The easiest workaround in LrCC is to create a preset for each edit version. Presets make it quick  and easy to change the look.

This works if you are exporting to share somewhere outside of Lr, but doesn’t allow you to share mulitple versions in the same album. You could export the different versions, and then import those back in to Lr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The usecase for me is the same: create multiple edits of the same photo. I have used the preset workaround for couple of times, but its not quite making the cut. By creating a preset for each edit I make I start polluting my preset listing with way too many and too specific presets. I tend to use presets to get into a starting point of an edit or set pictures into same baseline, but I do not use them to store actual full edits per image.

And this is where virtual copies come in. I can create virtual copy of the original file, set a preset to get a desired starting point without altering the original, and then do final touches to it. Rinse and repeat. This way I have even faster way of displaying and viewing multiple edits of the same photo, plus I can assign separate keywords based on edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that virtual copies would be a great feature. I hope Adobe is working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever happened to this?

I'm considering Lightroom and Lightroom Mobile but not if it can't create virtual copies. I was a Lightroom user (Now called Classic) but hated the import process and slow response from the software UI.

I am either going to go with Capture One and just live with being on a computer or will consider the new Lightroom if it can handle virtual copies. Someone from Adobe please respond. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I chose the subscription plan without Lightroom Classic, because I kind of prefer the new approach. But the lack of certain featured,  foremost virtual copies breaks my workflow. I don't want to return to LR Classic and honestly thinking of canceling my subscription because of this. I find it hard to understand why such an obvious feature is still not supported after so many years. Makes me seriously question Adobe's priorities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Features is finally here. Thanks for listening @Adobe team.

Would be great to also be able to update existing versions. Maybe in the next update 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where?? As far as I can see there's still no ability to make copies on iOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SO MANY PROBLEMS with PHOTOSHOP and LIGHTROOM.... 
2020 iPad-s are really fast and performant.. in Photoshop you have almost ZERO tools... 
Lightroom is ok but there are missing some tools too.. i need this Virtual Copy for real.
i'd like too se any alternative programs for Photoshop and LR.. im here just because there are no alternatives.
Adobe wake up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, same here, keep reporting this in every ask for feedback. Virtual copies as well as working with labels are part of many workflowsand don't understand why this is considered essential on desktop hence should also be on mobile. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines