Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moved Lightroom Catalog to Dropbox Now Lightroom Shows no Photos

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I tried to free up some space on my Macbook Pro (macOS Big Sur 11.4) by moving my Lightroom Catalog to Dropbox (I use SmartSync). 

After I moved the Lightroom Catalog to Dropbox, Lightroom apparently created a new Lightroom Catalog in my Pictures folder where the old catalog file was before I moved it. 

This removed most of my 40,000 pictures (there are about 600 left in Lightroom now).

After I realized this, I moved the old catalog back into the Pictures folder and I've been trying to open up my old catalog to no avail.

When I try to open the catalog in Lightroom, I get a message (see screenshot): "No images that can be imported were found in the selected source."

Would love some help in getting my 40k pictures back into my Lightroom (Version 4.3)

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I hope you realise by now that you cannot move the Lightroom library from the default location....if you do, it will simply create a new one in the default location and will slowly start to populate it from the cloud. 

Before doing anything else, login into your cloud account in a browser (go to lightroom.adobe.com) to verify that your cloud contents are still intact, i.e. make sure the All Photos figure shows the 40k total that you are expecting. If it does, I'd suggest you delete whatever version of the local library that's currently in the default location, then start Lightroom and it will create a new local library. Check the Preferences>Local Storage tab to make sure the option to store a copy of all originals locally is NOT checked (otherwise Lightroom will need to download all 40K original files, which would take a while), then just wait while Lightroom rebuilds that local library (it will need to download all the various previews and the copy of the catalog). It will still take a little while but you should see the All Photos number gradually increase until the 40K total has been reached. After that, set your preferences for local storage as you need them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines