Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moved local storage to external drive and now Lightroom is not working

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Desperate for some help/input!

My local storage was getting full due to Lightroom storing the originals, so I switched storage to my external hard drive. My external drive however is not performing well enough and Lightroom becomes non-responsive every time I try to work in it, most of the time my photos don't even show up. That's why I tried to transfer the orginals back to my Mac's local drive BUT if I try to do it WITHOUT the external disk being connected, it obviously can't find the originals – and when I try to do it WITH the external disk connected, then it doesn't work at all (the "Moving Your Photos" window doesn't show up). I can't figure out how to tranfer the photos back. Help pls.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which Lightroom are you using? If you are using the Lightroom cloud version your photos should be in the cloud. You can check by going to lightroom.adobe.com.

Did you try turning of the local storage option? You don't need the local copy unless you need access to the images when you are offline. You can also clear the cache to make more room on the local drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines