Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving Lightroom CC to a new computer

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI THERE .

I got a lightroom  on my macbook pro laptop a while ago and wasn t working on it much .

I got a mac computer and would like to start using Lightroom on it BUT how can I get Lightroom on my new computer.

I keep all my photos on hard drive.

thank you

{Title edited for clarity by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Simply launch the Creative Cloud App and click install next to LRCC or LR Classic whichever one you have been using.

If you haven’t installed Creative Cloud desktop you can download from the link below.

Download Creative Cloud desktop app

If you don’t have a subscription let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply launch the Creative Cloud App and click install next to LRCC or LR Classic whichever one you have been using.

If you haven’t installed Creative Cloud desktop you can download from the link below.

Download Creative Cloud desktop app

If you don’t have a subscription let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am currently doing the same thing. I have a creative cloud subscription. I am moving from an old mac to a new PC. I was able to download the Creative Cloud App and install Lightroom. My images all imported seemlessly, it was awesome. My presets are not moved over though. And this feels too easy. I feel like I should be moving my .lrcat file from my old mac onto my new PC? This really feels like I am going to lose information just installing a new lightroom and populating images to the cloud. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Everything should sync down, Presets may take a little longer.

Check directly on Lightroom Web http://lightroom.adobe.com/ to see if your Presets are there. 
If so, then they should sync down in time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

99jon is correct! Just wanted to add a screenshot to help

Instead of the button being white and saying "Open", it will be blue and say "Install"

Screen Shot 2018-11-19 at 9.14.18 AM.png

Let us know if you need more help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines