Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

My Cloud is full , can I use my external hard drive instead of cloud?

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have recently signed up for Adobe photogrpahy 20Gb plan.

I have around 300Gb space worth pictures.  

My question is :  Do I need to buy more storage from Adobe to use Lr and Ps ?  Or is there any way to switch from using cloud to using my private spacde on my external hardrive?

Thank you for all of your help in andvance.

Michal

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like you are using the wrong version of Lightroom. The Photography plan is basically Lightroom Classic and Photoshop. You do get Lightroom (desktop) and 20 GB too (and apparently that is what you are using right now), but that is more or less to test it out. Lightroom Classic does not need any cloud space at all. It stores the photos locally. If you want to use Lightroom (desktop) and store your photos in the cloud, then you should either get more cloud space, or you should give up on Photoshop and ask Adobe to change your subscription to the Lightroom plan, which includes 1 TB of cloud space but no Photoshop.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines