• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My lightroom is duplicating pictures and saving them to my iPad! (or is the iPad behind this?)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I hope someone has info about this because I have never seen this happen.

About 2 or 3 days ago when I would try to export my pictures on my iPad, they wouldnt show up. Like Lightroom was not rendering it, or some kind of issue... there would be no error messages or anything to tell me something was wrong. I would try this different times with different settings but nothing would show up. This became very frustrating.

Skip days...

About 2 hours ago I was trying to clear up the storage on my iPad (very small space...) so I was deleting apps and such I don't use. Then I went to the photos to delete some and I started to notice pictures were just popping up every 2-3 minutes. And they were the same ones I was trying to export the other day.

It was like the pictures got lost in data-world or something and finally made their way to the gallery.

iPad would not even delete them at first... or they were deleting but new duplicates popping back up as I deleted them. I thought I got them all but few more just started popping back up in my photos gallery. Just deleting them again. 

Not sure what is going and not sure what causes this, or how to resolve it, how it happened, etc.

I had to uninstall Lightroom for Ipad. But then...  they still kept showing up! Ahhh! What is this sorcery? Is the iPad going crazy? I swear they were lost in the data stream from lightroom to gallery.

I think they stopped... I hope.

I am going through my google photos cloud and finding like well over 100-150 pictures that became duplicates.. (my google photos auto-adds pictures as they show up on the ipad to back them up)

If anyone knows how to prevent this, or what even happened in the first place - I am all ears because this was something odd I have never seen before.

I cant even beging to guess how to duplicate this...

iPad lightroom version

7.1.0 8C2E26/68

iPad Version 15.1

I just noticed 15.2 was released so I am downloading that now as well.

TOPICS
iPadOS , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have Auto Import enabled in Lightroom's preferences? And when you were exporting, were you saving them to the Camera Roll?

It sounds like they did manage to export to the Camera Roll, and then Lightroom's importing them as new photos it's found in the Photos app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines