• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NAS-based syncing seems broken. "Please reconnect to finish syncing"

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a NAS for original storage almost works fro mmy Mac (12.5.1), but if Lightroom (5.5) ever decides the drive is "disconnected" for whatever reason, there's no way to fix it.

Using this basic configuration:

Screen Shot 2022-09-10 at 05.53.21.png

if I disconnect and reconnect, I end up in a permanent broken state telling me that volume is offline and to "Please reconnect to finish syncing."  The volume is connected and, in fact, just hitting that Browse button and saving again will convince Lightroom to reuse the same path, but it'll begin by moving all of my photos into it (not entirely sure what this means, but it takes a very long time).

I'd assume, if nothing else, restarting Lightroom would see the path I have configured and begin using it again, but it seems to permanently fail if interrupted.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah this is a longstanding problem with Lightroom Desktop (the cloudy version). It really doesn't like local copies of originals to be on a network or external drive that could disappear. It is basically designed to work for an internal hard disk. Classic supports having originals on a NAS just fine and doesn't freak out when the network drive is offline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines