• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need Help With Technical Problem In Lightroom ("Waiting for Settings")

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this happened to anyone before? Ive attached a photo. After I did the recent Creative Cloud update, many of my photo edits were undone. This is the message I get as per attached photo. I only ever edit in Lr on my computer. After this happened I logged in on my phone to see. Edits are still there but not when I login on my computer. Thank you for any help!!

TOPICS
Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Waiting for Settings" is a fairly common problem recently, which Adobe hopefully will be able to fix soon. In the meantime, what usually works when I've encountered the issue is to make a small slider adjustment (e.g. Texture) usually in the app running on the system identified in the message. But as you say the system identified is the same system that the message is produced on, it's not possible to make an adjustment there. Do you by any chance have Lightroom Classic also running on the same system as the Lightroom desktop app? If so, make the change there. But if not, you could try making that tiny adjustment using LrM on your phone, then move away from the image (to allow the change to sync). Once synced, hopefully that will "fix" the Waiting for Settings condition and allow you to see the edits again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your help!! I have Lightroom Classic so I will try the adjustment there!

Danielle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me, sadly.

It's a real mess: the more I use either Lr or LrC, the more "waiting for settings" problems I have.

I was counting the number of pictures with that message for Adobe (they are investigating on it and one of the tech asked me to) and as I was counting, some more appeared!

I'm afraid to use the apps now 😞 I'm getting behind on my work, I'm desperate 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem... this is a disaster.  I've been having the problem for months now and do not know how to eliminate.  I'm tired of trying and look for an alternative solution outside of Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It won't allow any edits on anything for me while in the state of "waiting for settings" mode. You can't download the photo either. Hope this works for some. This is going on for some time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines