• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New denoise function "Denoise is not currently available with this photo format"

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I want to test out the new function on some noisy low light photos I have but am met with the message "Denoise is not currently supported with this photo format"

On the site it says "Denoise is currently supported only for Bayer and X-trans mosaic raw files" My camera is a Cannon EOS Rebel T6, which does use Bayer Mosaic, so shouldn't it be able to utilize this function?

Is there a specific setting on the camera or something when i transfer the files to the computer that is changing it? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with my CR2 photos from my Canon 5D Mark IV and it is deffinatly shooting RAW.

I edited another photo from the same shoot and Denoise works. Same camera same card same upload time same format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same exact camera; same exact problem.. a bug?

same shoot, another image works.. 😑

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ian28790607oaic  & @duknov007 

Greetings, 

Would you be able to supply two image files from the same shoot where one file will accept Enhance>Denoise and another will not?  That would help us diagnose the issue. 

Note: you cannot attach raw files to this forum. You will need to upload them to Creative Cloud Files, Dropbox or similar.

Thanks for your help.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why, but today it works.

Maybe it was because I reimported the same pic into another catalog so i could send it to you. Not sure why.

Looking to see when the last update was applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup I changed nothing; but it worked today.. 🤷🏿‍:female_sign:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a solution.  I am using the same exact camera too and have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine doesn't work either. Looking for a solution. I had the Nikon Z 7ii on raw format. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2023 May 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a feeling it's a matter of memory.  I shut down all the other apps i was running and it worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same camera, same format, same problem. but for me, Denoise never works. What can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue but my files are dng files from 2018. The origional format was Nikon NEF (D850)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After testing this against a number of Sony ARW files, both uncompressed RAW and lossless compressed (L), I suspect this error message is showing up at least some of the time for reasons other than an image being in an unsupported format.

I've gotten Denoise to work in Desktop 6.3.1 (OSX 13.3.1, intel) for a number of photos, but only after trying and failing to use it multiple times, making me think the format itself isn't the issue in my case. And whenever I do get an erorr, it seems to correspond with some OSX console logs reporting an error from Lightroom with the message "Error computing NN outputs -1", coming from the com.apple.coreml subsystem. So maybe this an AI runtime error getting disguised as a format issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same error message but it's only after the latest update. I've tried editing pictures that I had already used it on, but I'm getting the same message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot apply Denoise to a photo that has already been Denoised. Make sure you are selecting the actual original and not a previous Denoise rendering. 

FYI The update added Denoise so you were not able to do this prior to the update. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, I'm confused. Are we talking about the noise reduction function?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same error message but it's only after the latest update. (I updated 8 days ago and after that it doesnt work)

I've tried editing pictures taken the same day with the same camera and all same configurations than others that I had already used it on, but I'm getting the same message on the ones that are not edited. I am not trying to apply Denoise to a photo that has already been Denoised but on similar ones. 

I am trying to apply denoise on RAW (sony) pictures and all have the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Files imported as dng into lightroom are no longer compatable, but files imported as dng by lightroom in the past are. This happened after the last LRC update. I can go back 10 years and still use denoise on imported dng files but photos I have imported as dng with LRC over the past weeks are no longer compatable with denoise. Back to Topaz I go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yet another frustrating new feature not working properly... 

The new AI Denoise is 100 times better than before. It even beats the amazing DXO Pure RAW which I've been using for a couple of years now but it makes it even better because of the simple workflow. It all works inside LR so there is no need to process on a separate app and the processed files keep the same Develop edits so it's seamless.

Great job Adobe but... I have a Sony A7RV and only shoot in uncompressed RAW. Strangely I get the "not currently available" message in just some files. They are all the same. From the same camera, memory card and they are sequential, yet, LR gives me the error. Today I processed 10 files and only 1 didnt't work. Very weird...

Like I said, they are sequential. One file works and the next one doesn't... What gives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, did you ever find a fix for this? i have done a shoot today and uploaded my images and am unable to denoise on my macbook, yet i have uploaded the exact same images to my imac desktop computer and its working fine. very annoying as my macbook is so much faster and has a lot more memory.

lookign for a fix if you can help please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Time to call BS on this feature. If its not ready don't bother serving it. We don't have the time and patiece... for crying out loud!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same frustrating issue with this.  What better purpose did Adobe do this??  We have a lot of images not working manually with denoise and it is no longer available to use with details using the brush for specific areas.  What the...??  Adobes update created a lot more work for pro photographers and their assistants.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use other program like topaz denoise or other

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same error message but it's only after the latest update. (I updated 8 days ago and after that it doesnt work)

I've tried editing pictures taken the same day with the same camera and all same configurations than others that I had already used it on, but I'm getting the same message on the ones that are not edited. I am not trying to apply Denoise to a photo that has already been Denoised but on similar ones. 

I am trying to apply denoise on RAW (sony) pictures and all have the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same "Denoise is not currently available with this photo format" error message, but only on photos where I taken them on my new Sony A7RV.

Really hope this is fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a similiar issue but I get that message with only the last set of images I took. All are raw (.raf) Fujifilm XT10. The ones I took a week ago do not have that same message so I have no idea why the last batch cannot use denoiseAI.

Any idea on that?

Thanks,

William

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with Nikon uncompressed NEF files taken on a D850. Often after rebooting Lightroom a couple times it will work. The application is buggy and it has nothing to do with the photo file. Reading how dismissive some of these comments are is upsetting to say the least. If you have nothing of value to add to the conversation then just stay out of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines