Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New LR SUCKS!!!!

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welp it's a shame to take steps backwards
I can't export photos I have to individually save them with no options for watermark or any other export settings
The histogram is a lot worse and doesn't show clipping
I can only choose to open a file in Photoshop and no other program and only as a JPG
All my photos are said to be stored on cloud now but I have yet to find how to actually get to that you'd figure it'd be easy maybe in the CC app icon in my navigation bar (or whatever you want to call it)
I can no longer print from the app

The list goes on and on they should just call it Lightroom mobile for the people who take pictures. I cannot work on this in the new Lightroom CC I can only hope that Lightroom classic is here to stay Adobe what are you doing! I like the more modern look but please don't try and put something that should be an app on my phone in my computer it is not professional.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Lightroom CC and Lightroom Classic are meant for two different workflows. If Lightroom Classic works better for then stick with that. You don't have to use Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC and Lightroom Classic are meant for two different workflows. If Lightroom Classic works better for then stick with that. You don't have to use Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This - exactly this. The tools are for different purposes and user demographics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tptally trueThe only issue is that Adobe seems to be pushing CC and not making it easy for new people to make an informed decision.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 24, 2018 Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Brad Lawryk and TotallyUnstoppable you are saying users of the Classic system will not  like to have access to their work flow on the move?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you think of another piece of software that has not improved the way you can interface with it - that has not made it accessible by mobile..... that has not really improved - gotten easier to use. - in 5-7 years?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. That works for software really well doesn't it. No need to take the product mobile. No one will really care about being able to do stuff on their phones and iPad - especially pros who don't care about things being flexible and easier. 

the worst part is they are not adding to Classic - they are making Cc harder. Real smart to give something to someone and then take it away. Always works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand this approach though. Why not make them the same? Like, some of us don't want to edit on a PC, but we have to put up with an inferior version because "it's meant to be inferior", which is how it comes actress to me"

like there are omissions in Lightroom on iPad that just does not make sense. No calibration sliders? No precise input (numbers) for aspect ratio? No AI noise reduction? 

It feels like Adobe wants people to not want these features and are hiding behind "they're not meant to be the same", while people DO want these features.

How would adding these ruin anything for the app? How would the app suddenly not be good or not be usable with these features? It makes no sense.

To me, "they are meant to be different" feels like an excuse for not putting enough resources into making the features work. It doesn't not feel like Adobe is being honest when they say it. That's how I feel at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, even as (very) early beta such an incredible crippled piece of software would be hardly acceptable.

But as paid software... NEVER!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup... utterly, utterly repugnant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 24, 2018 Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree this is a confusing disaster. I am desperate to get the mobile functionality integrated into my "Classic" work flow. I have switched to the new deal and back to the old one. My photos (including the edit history etc) are trapped in two places and I cannot see any way to synchronise them any more.

I have lost hours of my life for nothing. The subscription costs more than my business MS Office subscription, but the product is paralysing me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. It is getting worse - not better. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree. Whomever designed the CC version of lightroom should be fired. It is absolutely awful. Its mot even good as a mobile/cloud version. They really shoud have called it another name because it in no way resembles what the original lightroom was designed for. Leave it to Adobe. Back to Capture One. Itll do everything LR Classic and CC does in a single software from a company that cares about its customers. Adobe stopped caring about its customers a long time ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not "solved." Lightroom's programs are becoming less professional and more expensive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The biggest issue is that after the new update it really does not work on my Macbook Pro. It crashes all the time, and the update circle just runs. I litteraly cannot deliver my work to my client. I have no tool to use any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tools may be named the same in CC but they don't work the same or end up giving the same result. So if you reduce Exposure in a mask and choose a big brush to make a slight reduction of the background exposue around your subject in Classic you need only do this once. But in CC, even if you turn the flow up to 200 (twice the default) you'll need to circle your subject 6 or 7 times! And worse, the effect is harsh. You can't reproduce the subtle effect of Classics Exposure. Ditto Dehaze. Someone at Adobe rewrote the code and it simply does not work the same, though named the same. Very poor effect in CC and nearly unusalble. It's an iPhone app for casual picture takers who will only ever see their work on social media on a phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines