• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New PC installation

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Current Windows 10 PC is very unstable.  Have backed up all my images to external drive. Which LIGHTROOM 4 files do I need to copy to re-install on new PC?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your subscription is active, and Lightroom on your current machine has fully synced with Lightroom in the cloud, you should be able to go to a new computer, install Lightroom, log in with your Adobe ID, and you will be in business. This is the value proposition of Lightroom (the cloud version).

That said, if you have custom presets (or profiles), it would not hurt to have a backup copy of your presets exported and saved, so that you can re-import them on the new machine.

How to install presets and profiles in Lightroom 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I don't have the subscription version, I bought it out-right.  Your link looks to have useful info so thanks for that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought it out-right.

Lightroom-4  from 2012-   ie.8 years ago??

Good luck!

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

You will need the install file and your Serial Registration Number, your Catalog, and your photo files, to start.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow, OK Lightroom 4 from 2012.... That's an entirely different problem! I thought you meant Lightroom v4, which is the current cloud-based subscription version. There was no syncing in the old Lightroom 4 (the current version of what used to be that program is now called, unfortunately, "Lightroom Classic.")

Wobert's link above is probably the best place to start, although keep in mind that version is no longer supported, so any anomalies you are on your own (with whatever help we can provide here, of course, but no help from Adobe).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines