• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New profile function caused old photos to all disappear

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had photos imported into the Lightroom app which was not synced but were stored locally on the device. After the new profile functioned came up, I must have misunderstood the "moving of assets" thing because I chose no. I felt unsure about the split enterprise and personal profile so I accessed the enterprise profile assuming that I could later transfer the assets from my personal profile if I wanted. 

But now, all my photos have been wiped out. And every time I switch between profiles, they are all wiped out. 

Is there any way I can at least recover my edits or presets from before Adobe made these systemic changes? 

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use https://lightroom.adobe.com/lightroom-downloader in order to download photos and videos, including edits.  There's not a way to download presets.  Let us know if this works for you.  

-Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter. I did almost the exact same thing as OP. Since I didn't know about this downloader at the time I had to sign up for a free trial of my original profile as a personal account and then exported every single original plus settings into a file folder. What do you do though to import this into the new enterprise account? I have some raw files that contain multiple edits. The system recognizes these as a single raw file with multiple XMP files and therefore cannot by sync'd to the new account. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In most cases you should just be able to re-import, but for the multiple edit case, I think you'd have to manually make copies of the files in question.  

-Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am also wondering how you are seeing the multiple edits on the same file -- can you share more info on this?

Thanks,

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter, I am seeing each file as a separate file (one raw + one XMP) within the hard copy folder. The multiple edits are names such as FILE-1, FILE-2, etc. with the corresponding extension .CR2, XMP, etc. When I attempt to import to Lightroom, the computer can import one of those raw files with its XMP data, but if I tried to do FILE-1 then FILE-2 it will not allow a second import of FILE-2 knowing it's the same original. Therefore I have to delete FILE-1 and replace it with FILE-2, if I want that other version, and if there are more of them, only one can remain in the viewer. Even if I rename FILE-2 as something like MR_ROGERS it still knows it's the same original! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another fun thing that happened was, I decided to try the Lightroom Downloader to see if the imports may work differently. I chose "import profiles and presets" this time and imported one folder - and lo and behold my presets populated with one for each XMP file in the folder (which I should have anticipated, but was trying things out). This has left me with quite a busy Presets folder, LOL .... which now I really want to clean out but without deleting all my actual user presets. Guess that was not the best way to try importing! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I see your difficulty -- since we generally recommend the Lr Downloader, you've hit a workflow we don't readily accomodate.  I think if you have a way to make a small metadata change to the originals, that should be sufficient to differentiate them.  Something like ExifTool could work, though can't vouch for the results.  If you have vendor specific means to edit the original, that's probably best.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Peter! I wonder if that is something I could try by appending metadata in Bridge. Don't want to mess up the existing XMP files, but interesing concept to test. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines