• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New to Lightroom Classic and Having Brilliant Blue Appear

Explorer ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm editing a RAW B&W photo on Lightroom Classic, a brilliant blue caste on certain parts of the photo appear when adjusting either exposure or contrast. It's quite strong, and becomes more so when increasing and less when decreasing the slider. I've posted a photo while this effect is  happening on the 'develop screen', but it doesn't appear on the posted photo, only on the develop page during editing.

It must be a simple fix I'm not aware of - Thanks! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Hi Eric,

Just to clarify, *within* the histogram are two triangles that illuminate as a clipping warning. If you click the triangles, they get a white box around them and are then enabled. The one on the left shows shadow clipping with a blue overlay, while the one in the right shows highlight clipping with a red overlay. When the white box is absent, hovering over the triangle will show the clipped areas. Click to toggle the box on and off; when the box is present, it enables the visibility s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have mentioned that the RED slider removes this blue caste on the photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like the shadow clipping indication is enabled. On the Histogram are two little triangles - click whichever is highlighted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John, I seem to have one triangle on the 10.2 copy, clicking on it moves from down to the side, but the bluing effect remains the same. I tried it on another RAW photo before going to mono, the symptoms on that are the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric,

Just to clarify, *within* the histogram are two triangles that illuminate as a clipping warning. If you click the triangles, they get a white box around them and are then enabled. The one on the left shows shadow clipping with a blue overlay, while the one in the right shows highlight clipping with a red overlay. When the white box is absent, hovering over the triangle will show the clipped areas. Click to toggle the box on and off; when the box is present, it enables the visibility setting persistently until you turn it back off. In my screen shot below, you can see the white box around the shadow clipping warning, and no white box around the highlight warning on the right:

2021-05-29_18-00-59.png

Here's a quick video from Adobe's Benjamin Warde that explains further if you're interested:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it! Now I understand......Thanks much MIchael and for the video also. I really like this program, but as an amateur I'm still struggling with the basics!

Thanks again! Great Forum!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Eric, I'm glad you got it sorted! Lightroom has lots and lots of features, and discovering them can sometimes be a challenge!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines