• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No blue diamond Lightroom selective edit mask

Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope someone can help me. I am learning LR on the iPad. When I choose selective edit to apply a mask, I have the paint brush icon but the videos all show a diamond blue icon. What am I doing wrong, please?

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Sounds like you are watching videos that show another tool, not the paintbrush. I believe some icons have changed, so they are probably old videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Johan is right, they're old videos. The brush was a blue diamond until October last year when Masking was completely overhauled.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom v5.3 on a PC, but I always see the Brush tool icon as a paint Brush.

The Radial Gradient shows a blue dot at the centre of the mask overlay..

The Linear Gradient shows a blue square dot at the centre of the Gradient overlay.

Perhaps the iPad is different, or you are confusing the tool overlay point icons.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you are watching videos that show another tool, not the paintbrush. I believe some icons have changed, so they are probably old videos.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Johan is right, they're old videos. The brush was a blue diamond until October last year when Masking was completely overhauled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines