• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No image that can be imported were found in the selected source error in Lightroom Cloud 5.5 (macOS)

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot add any photos to Lightroom on my MacBook Pro. Working from the Add Photos function in LR, I get the following message:

"No images that can be imported were found in the selected source."

I have given LR full disk access via the Mac Privacy function. 

I can add photos to LR on my iPad without any problem.  Also, while in the Apple Photos app I can select “edit with Lightroom” and then LR will allow me to add that particular photo. 

I am completely stumped after hours of trying to figure this out. Please help if you can. 

Thank you!

Lightroom v 5.5

MacOS Monterey 12.5.1

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Chip: Apple M1

{Title edited by Moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

The Apple Photos App stores the images inside its library (images are 'hidden' from other apps!), so you can't directly import them to the Lightroom catalog.

You will have to make up your mind which application you are going to use. If you want to use Lightroom, then you will have to select the photos in Apple Photos App and use 'Export Unmodified Original' to export them out of the Photos library, from there you can then Import them to the Lightroom Library.

Not wise to use both Apple Photos Ap

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing the details. Since when are you noticing this issue? 

Where are you importing the images from? (like camera card, external hard drive)

What type of images are you importing? (Jpeg, DNG, Raw)

There are a few workarounds mentioned in this article for this error. Would you mind trying them out? Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/known-issues.html

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks.

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I first noticed the problem perhaps 2 weeks ago. 

I'm importing from the internal drive on my laptop, Apple Photos library. 
I'm importing TIFF images. 

I went to the page you linked, and went through all of the information there, as I have previously done.  None of the workarounds apply to my specific situation--if I'm wrong about that, then please point me to a specific one. I am not trying to migrate my entire photo collection, rather I'm trying to select individual photos and add them. 

Thanks for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Apple Photos App stores the images inside its library (images are 'hidden' from other apps!), so you can't directly import them to the Lightroom catalog.

You will have to make up your mind which application you are going to use. If you want to use Lightroom, then you will have to select the photos in Apple Photos App and use 'Export Unmodified Original' to export them out of the Photos library, from there you can then Import them to the Lightroom Library.

Not wise to use both Apple Photos App and the Lightroom Apps, because the edits that both apps make are not seen by the other one.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your helpful reply!

One additional point of clarification...

Isn't this why I have granted LR full disk access on my MacBook, so that it can "see" images in the Apple Photo library?  Similarly, I have given Lightroom iOS permission, and I have no trouble adding photos from the Apple library to LR on my iPad. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One additional point of clarification...

Isn't this why I have granted LR full disk access on my MacBook, so that it can "see" images in the Apple Photo library? 

Not at all. "Full Disk Access" is needed in order for Lightroom (and other apps) to be able to access all drives (and files and folders) attached to the Mac computer, which is born out of tightened security requirements implemented in the latest Mac Operating Systems. That's not specifically related to the issue of trying to access the image files stored within the Photos app, that issue is a result of the way Apple decided to "manage" the images imported into the App. On iOS, the contents of the Camera Roll are not currently hidden from other apps (provided permission is granted), but even there you might find things are not always what you expect if iCloud is enabled for Photos on the iDevice, as I understand that iCloud may decide to replace the original image on the device with a much smaller preview (a space-saving measure) and the user needs to be alive to that possibility.

It's partly because of those sorts of restrictons that I have never used Photos on my Mac desktop systems, and I have iCloud for Photos disabled on all my iDevices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines