Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No import available for videos from SD cards on iOS

New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community,

i just had to find out that the Import for iOS where you can directly import files through the usb 3 port does not support video files. 

it is also very obvious that this is currently not supported for iOS but it is supported for android as the help page from adobe include video only on the android side.

android(including video): https://helpx.adobe.com/de/lightroom-cc/using/import-mobile-android.html

ios (doesn't include video): https://helpx.adobe.com/de/lightroom-cc/using/import-mobile-ios.html

does anyone know if this feature will come for iOS? It would make my import so much more easy. Actually I am quite happy that I found out that videos are not imported, I nearly formatted my SD card because I thought everything is imported, but the video files were not.

thanks and br

tomas

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Mobile Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this is planned, but just wanted to thank you for your feedback as it does help the team understand user wishes, which does help us set priorities.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems like such a gaping hole in the Lightroom Mobile offering. It's easy to overlook and dangerous since you might (rightfully) assume videos were imported like on other platforms.

Live Photo support along with Lightroom CC - Premiere Rush integration for video editing and video backup to CC on iOS would make a compelling alternative to Apple and Google photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @yozaaaa 

I saw your separate post but will reply to here since your question is essentially the same in both places.

I can't speak to the product roadmap, but will say the product owners do listen to feedback like yours.  It's helpful and instructive, so thank you for taking the time to message us!

Though it's not ideal, I have a workaround I hope helps for now... 

Try using the "From Files" import method vs the "From Camera Device" method. 

(Note: there are limitations with the UI involved, and perhaps limitations with the quantity of items one can import in a single effort)

Using From Files, you can use Files' interface to navigate into your SD card, Sort by Kind, and Select 1 - n number of videos on your card.  The last time I tried this, I think I was able to import dozens of videos at a time, but there did seem to be a limit on the number of items that would import smoothly.  And one must keep track of which videos were already imported as the UI doesn't help with this (LR leverages Files' API, and Files isn't aware of what's imported/not-imported into Lightroom).  

I hope this helps a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! When I connect my SD card to my iPhone, open the Lightroom app, click on the upload from files and then select my SD card, all the photos will be there available to import. But the videos are all greyed out and I can't upload them. If I upload them to my iPhone first, I can then add them to the app. But for some reason it won't let me upload the videos direct from the SD card. Is there any reason for this? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David

Apologies for the slow reply.  This is a a known limitation at this time, which we hope to address in the future. 

Currently viable options are to first import those videos from the SD card to your camera roll and then import into Lightrom from there, or connect your SD card to a desktop machine and upload via our web app at lightroom.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you give an update on this feature? It's  concerning to have to remember whether videos have been imported depending on which device my camera was connected to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines