• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No “sort on likes” capability in LightRoom shared web album?

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I’m new to LightRoom, but have searched FAQs, and forums, and not directly found an answer to my (perhaps painfully newb) question.

Use case: I have about 500 photos of my nieces mom. They want to pick out a subset of those photos, and the three of us to work together on the selection.

My approach: I made a shared album with those 500 photos, and the nieces have started to “like” pictures.

But, I don’t see how I can see their “likes” other than going through the 500 photos 1-by-1, checking to see if it has been liked.

Can this be true? No “sort by liked”?

Initially, I had hoped that the web ratings would reflect back on my photos in LightRoom CC, but that appears not to be connected, and possibly by design? Also, I see an icon in the web album indicating that a photo has been liked, but can’t tell from which niece the “like” is coming.

Is there some much better work flow to address this shared selection use case?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Doug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Doug

In the latest update Adobe has removed filtering when setting up a batch of photos for sharing so there may be something in the pipeline to meet your needs.

Filtering a shared album was useful for sharing only your best photos with flags or stars. For visitors, the remaining photos in the album were therefore hidden.

It’s now best to filter in advance and create a share with only the selected photos.

It may seem odd that Adobe has removed this functionality but it’s been done in order to support forthcoming improvements for sharing and collaboration. So stay tuned. See this link for further information:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/display-filters-removed.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the quick response - but I don’t think it addresses my use case. It is not so much that I want to filter the photos in advance, I want to share a bunch of photos, then collaborate with others on selecting the best photos.

Can you suggest an appropriate workflow in LightRoom to address this?

Thanks,

Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set up a separate “invite only” share for each email address but at present invitees can only comment & like by signing-in with and adobe account. But at least you would know who is responding. I was only mentioning the forthcoming changes as an indication of what might be planned. I’m sure Adobe is trying to make this as simple as possible in the future.

You can also share to anyone with the link. No Adobe ID is required for viewing or downloading images (where enabled) but I believe an account is still required for comments & likes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a solution here Doug? I agree that this is a terrible user experience. Why allow likes and comments if they don't make their way back to the workflow? And why allow collaborator access for the same reason? Horribly frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only solutions available at present were described above by Jon. If these don't meet your needs, then I suggest you submit a feature request via the Feedback forum, which is monitored by Adobe technical staff https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-desktop-cloudbased/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40874

or https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-web/5f5f2094785c1f1e6cc4087a for Lightroom web.

BTW, it's always useful to search above forums to check whether a similar request has already been submited. If you find such a request, then add yours to same as Adobe use this system decide whether there is customer interest in the feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One year later and it's still not a feature. What purpose does it serve to have someone like a photo when you can't sort by it? It's a good idea just poorly purposed and executed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: There's a proof feature that works pretty well for sorting through photos selected by reviewers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree. There needs to be a filter on likes and then the ability to create an album from those. I understand the proof feature, and it's good, but it doesn't fit all clients who choose to "like" photos.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

estou com o mesmo problema! i

se conseguisse fazer isso curtindo fotos ou avaliando ia ser excelente, eles tem a plataforma só nao habilitam isso!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this still isn't a feature.... what the f? upvote this please so LR staff sees it!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines