• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Only Windows app issue] HEIC files don't open with trial subscription in Lightroom 6.0

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a similar issue, and it was fixed with an update a year and a half ago. But I'm on Lightroom CC 6.0 now and I have a similar case. I took a trial 7 days subscription and everything works perfectly, but HEIC files don't load on Windows. I can edit them on iPad, I can edit other formats on Windows, but not HEIC on Windows. Man, I can even edit them on web version in browser, but not in the Windows app lol. I am absolutely disappointed. Given that there has already been a similar problem, how can I be sure that after buying a subscription, this error will disappear?

Andf27460897y5z1_0-1670355173869.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are evaluating on Lightroom 6.0? That's like looking for air conditioning in a model T! That support wasn't added until much later. It isn't even possible to get the first version that had that support. However, it is available in the current version of Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What? I'm not interested in Lightroom Classic. I mentioned 6.0 just to make it clear that I'm using the latest version of Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I suppose you can blame Adobe for this one. There is no such thing as Lightroom "CC". There is Lightroom Classic, and there is Lightroom. Lightroom (for the cloud) is currently at version 6.0. I primarily use Lightroom Classic. I don't know when/if the support you are seeking will be available in Lightroom. Adobe doesn't comment on future plans. You'll just have to wait and see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not "function request issue". It's bug. I think you're just not very familiar with the product since you're using the classic version. Anyway, if someone from their team finds a minute for this thread, they will understand everything just from the screenshot. I think I should try to reach them through support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no issue editing HEIC Files (iPhone) in Windows 10 or Windows 11.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you please try it from a new account, with a trial subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines