Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening and editing a .CR2 file in Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I recently upgraded from a Canon eos 7d to a 5D mk iv. I've only ever shot in RAW and always have used lightroom to do edits without an issue. The preview on my camera always matched what I opened in lightroom, no dramas. Now that I have changed bodies, when I open the files in lightroom they look comp desaturated and the colours are so off! How do I fix this??

I am running Adobe lightroom cc 2015. 12 with camera raw 9.12.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I usually shoot events with large amounts of photos to submit =/

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So if you have a Creative Cloud subscription, why have you not upgraded to Lightroom-Classic v10.1?

Lightroom does not use Adobe Camera Raw! (ACR is solely a Plugin for Photoshop)

The Mk iv support was introduced in cc2015.7

This link- https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/editing-canon-dual-pixel-raw-cr2.html appears in the list of Supported Cameras. Might be relevant.

Can you create a Camera Profile, or import Preset, (specific for the Mkiv) that gives a better 'starting' point for your editing with the Mk iv?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines